Mobile food van opening roof load count

In summary, the conversation discusses the need for information on how to calculate the load and choose dampers for a mobile food van roof. The person also mentions the difficulty in finding literature and asks for advice on the project. They also mention the use of local weather conditions and liability insurance. The conversation ends with the person wondering if it is possible to use Eurocode or ANSYS to calculate the task.
TurboPower
Hello,

i need information who know or advise where i can to find literature, how to caltucalate this.
1. I need information how to caltucalte load (snow, wind and other forces) which can keep this roof, and
2. how to choose dampers which keef roof.

Maybe anyone know how to calculate this project?

I selected red color parts which i need calculate:
http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/1410/vanet.jpg

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
I think the same situation is when is projecting car bonnet, luggage hood and other contruction where need use dampers.

Maybe anyone projected the same thing?
Particularly I need mobile food van ROOF.

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/8118/golfbagazine.jpg http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/1737/bmwkapotas.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to get some information that takes account of local weather conditions. Try to find a local company that does vehicle conversions for example.

The situation for cars is not the same, because they are not intended to be left open in bad weather for long periods and people only open them at their own risk, but you need liability insurance if customers standing under the open roof are injured.

I want own to calculate this problem:).
Here is fundamentel of material of mechanics, but i don't know how correctly do this.
I know that need calculate reactions and according these, to choose dampers but how correctly?

Maybe possible to use Eurocode and this formulas to caltucalte this task?

Any ideas? I heard that possible count and with ANSYS and other programs?

FAQ: Mobile food van opening roof load count

What is a mobile food van opening roof load count?

A mobile food van opening roof load count is a measurement of the weight that a food van's roof can safely support when it is opened. This is important to know in order to prevent accidents and ensure the safety of both the food van and its occupants.

Why is the mobile food van opening roof load count important?

The mobile food van opening roof load count is important because it determines the maximum weight that can be placed on the roof when it is opened. If this weight is exceeded, it can cause damage to the roof, leading to potential safety hazards and costly repairs.

How is the mobile food van opening roof load count calculated?

The mobile food van opening roof load count is calculated by taking into account the weight of the roof itself, any additional weight added to the roof such as signage or equipment, and the weight of any people who may be standing on the roof when it is opened.

What factors can affect the mobile food van opening roof load count?

Some factors that can affect the mobile food van opening roof load count include the design and construction of the van, the materials used for the roof, and the regular maintenance and inspection of the roof to ensure it is in good condition.

Who is responsible for ensuring the mobile food van opening roof load count is accurate?

The owner or operator of the food van is responsible for ensuring that the mobile food van opening roof load count is accurate and that the roof is not overloaded. It is important to regularly check and update the load count as needed to maintain the safety and integrity of the food van.

Back