Modeling Projectile Motion in Matlab

In summary, the conversation is about someone seeking help with modeling the motion of a batted ball, specifically with air resistance and drag. They are asking for assistance in getting their MATLAB files to run properly and possibly checking their equations. Another person offers to look at the files and suggests commenting the code for easier understanding.
03_Dinan_3
Hey,
I'm trying to model the motion of a batted ball (the pitch, collision and the hit). However, I'm including air resistance and drag, which makes it that much more difficult. I was wondering if there's anyone that would be willing to help get my MATLAB files to run properly and maybe check the equations I have.
Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
Can someone please help me?

I've worked a long time on this and I can't find the mistakes...:bugeye:

I can have a look at your files to see if I can help you.

you can mail them to:

tioettan
@
gmail.com

I would appreciate if you have commented your code so its easy to follow.

/Kaabdalis

Related to Modeling Projectile Motion in Matlab

1. How do I model projectile motion in Matlab?

To model projectile motion in Matlab, you will need to use the basic equations of motion for projectile motion, which include the initial velocity, angle of launch, and acceleration due to gravity. These values can be input into Matlab and used to calculate the trajectory of the projectile.

2. What is the difference between 2D and 3D projectile motion modeling in Matlab?

The main difference between 2D and 3D projectile motion modeling in Matlab is the number of dimensions that are taken into account. 2D modeling only considers the motion of the projectile in the x and y directions, while 3D modeling also includes the motion in the z direction.

3. Can I incorporate air resistance into my projectile motion model in Matlab?

Yes, you can incorporate air resistance into your projectile motion model in Matlab by using the appropriate equations for air resistance, such as the drag force equation, and incorporating it into your calculations for the projectile's motion.

4. How accurate are the results of projectile motion modeling in Matlab?

The accuracy of the results of projectile motion modeling in Matlab depends on the accuracy of the input parameters and the precision of the calculations. With proper input and calculations, the results can be very accurate.

5. Are there any limitations to modeling projectile motion in Matlab?

One limitation of modeling projectile motion in Matlab is that it assumes a constant acceleration due to gravity, which may not always be the case in real-world scenarios. Additionally, it does not take into account external factors such as wind or air resistance, which can affect the motion of the projectile.