Modeling Projectile Motion in Matlab

In summary, the conversation involves a person seeking help with their MATLAB files for modeling projectile motion with air resistance and drag. They are willing to pay for assistance and someone has offered to send their own m-file for the same purpose. Other individuals have also expressed interest in receiving the m-file or helping with the code for a fee.
03_Dinan_3
Hey,
I'm trying to model the motion of a batted ball (the pitch, collision and the hit). However, I'm including air resistance and drag, which makes it that much more difficult. I was wondering if there's anyone that would be willing to help get my MATLAB files to run properly and maybe check the equations I have.
I will paypal money to whoever can fix my mfiles and function files.
Thank you

Physics news on Phys.org
I have written an m-file that models a projectile in 3 dimensions with drag that is proportional to the velocity squared. Tell me if ur interested

I am interested..I just started using MATLAB so this example would be very helpful..

abercrombiems02 said:
I have written an m-file that models a projectile in 3 dimensions with drag that is proportional to the velocity squared. Tell me if ur interested

Could u send me the mfile which u have written. Mail it to me at Personal e-mail address removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
abercrombiems02 said:

If you still have the coding for the above, pls could you attach it to this mail address, Personal e-mail address removed ,,cheers,

Re: Modeling Projectile Motion in Matlab
Could you send me the m file that you have for 3-d projectile motion, please..
my adress is : Personal e-mail address removed

hi i was wondering if you could send the projectile motion .m file to scoady@live.ie please? cheers

abercrombiems02 said:

i also program projectile motion codes in matlab.. you can also sen it to me to check it.. by.

FAQ: Modeling Projectile Motion in Matlab

1. What is projectile motion?

Projectile motion is the motion of an object through the air or space under the influence of gravity. It follows a curved path known as a parabola.

2. How can I use Matlab to model projectile motion?

To model projectile motion in Matlab, you can use the "ode45" function to numerically solve the equations of motion for a given initial velocity, angle, and gravity. You can also plot the trajectory of the projectile using the "plot" function.

3. What are the equations used to model projectile motion?

The equations used to model projectile motion are the equations of motion for projectile in a uniform gravitational field, which include the equations for position, velocity, and acceleration in the x and y directions.

4. Can I change the initial conditions of the projectile in Matlab?

Yes, you can change the initial conditions of the projectile such as the initial velocity, angle, and gravity in Matlab. This will affect the trajectory and other parameters of the projectile's motion.

5. What are the limitations of modeling projectile motion in Matlab?

Some limitations of modeling projectile motion in Matlab include neglecting air resistance, assuming a uniform gravitational field, and the accuracy of the numerical solution may depend on the step size used in the "ode45" function.