Modeling, Simulation and Engineering Design.

In summary, the conversation discusses the relationship between mathematical modeling, simulation, and engineering design, as well as the use of different processes and techniques in designing a product or service. The participants also mention the need for more information and resources on these topics, with one person suggesting a magazine and website as valuable sources.
koolraj09
Hi guys.
I just want to know how Modeling (Mathematical modeling), simulation and Engineering Design are related. Your views are welcome. Any references and links would be appreciated. I just want to know more about the Design Process and how different processes and techniques are used for designing a product or services.
Thanks in Advance.

Engineering news on Phys.org
koolraj09 said:
Hi guys.
I just want to know how Modeling (Mathematical modeling), simulation and Engineering Design are related. Your views are welcome. Any references and links would be appreciated. I just want to know more about the Design Process and how different processes and techniques are used for designing a product or services.
Thanks in Advance.

First, what are your thoughts on these questions? What do you know about this so far?

for me too yaar, i need modeling,simulation details for my electrochemical machining project. Help me too . if you have any collection of material, please find time to forward to << e-mail address deleted by moderators >>

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a magazine that has great articles on this kind of stuff all the time. It's free if you have a job in the engineering industry, and many of the articles can be found directly on their site.

www.machinedesign.com

Related to Modeling, Simulation and Engineering Design.

1. What is the purpose of modeling and simulation in engineering design?

Modeling and simulation are used to create a virtual representation of a system or process. This allows engineers to test and analyze different design options, identify potential problems, and optimize the design before it is physically built. It also saves time and resources by reducing the number of physical prototypes needed.

2. How are modeling and simulation different from each other?

Modeling refers to the process of creating a simplified representation of a system, while simulation involves using mathematical algorithms to mimic the behavior of the system over time. In other words, modeling is the act of building a model, while simulation is the act of using the model to run experiments and gather data.

3. What are the main types of modeling and simulation used in engineering design?

The main types of modeling and simulation used in engineering design are physical models, mathematical models, and computer simulations. Physical models involve creating a physical prototype of the design, while mathematical models use equations and calculations to represent the system. Computer simulations use specialized software to create a virtual model and simulate the behavior of the system.

4. What are the benefits of using modeling and simulation in engineering design?

There are several benefits to using modeling and simulation in engineering design, including reduced costs, faster design iterations, and improved product performance. By identifying potential problems and optimizing designs before they are built, engineers can save time and resources, resulting in more efficient and effective designs.

5. What are some examples of real-world applications of modeling, simulation, and engineering design?

Modeling, simulation, and engineering design are used in a wide range of industries, including aerospace, automotive, and manufacturing. For example, engineers may use computer simulations to design and test new aircraft designs, or use physical models to test the structural integrity of a new car design. In manufacturing, modeling and simulation can be used to optimize production processes and reduce waste. Additionally, these tools are also used in healthcare to develop and test medical devices and treatments.