Multisim and BCD Display issue

• Thread starter dbeckfor
  • Start date
In summary, the individual is having trouble getting their 7 segment BCD display to turn on in Multisim using a 74LS48N Decoder and Common Cathode 7 Segment Display. They have attached a view, although it is a bit messy. When monitoring the currents in different parts of the LED drive circuit, they are seeing 3.32 pA and 3.32 mV. The person they are talking to suggests using a simulator or oscilloscope to trace the signals and determine if they are correct.
dbeckfor
I can not figure out how to get my 7 segment BCD display to turn on in Multisim. I am using the 74LS48N Decoder and the Common Cathode 7 Segment Display. I have attached a view for it,its a little messy.

Attachments

• BCD Issue.gif
    BCD Issue.gif
    100.9 KB · Views: 1,874
Engineering news on Phys.org
dbeckfor said:
I can not figure out how to get my 7 segment BCD display to turn on in Multisim. I am using the 74LS48N Decoder and the Common Cathode 7 Segment Display. I have attached a view for it,its a little messy.

What do you see when you monitor the currents in various parts of the LED drive circuit?

berkeman said:
What do you see when you monitor the currents in various parts of the LED drive circuit?

I get 3.32 pA and 3.32 mV

dbeckfor said:
I get 3.32 pA and 3.32 mV

Well, pA will not light an LED. Are the signals going into your LED driver correct? That's the advantage of a simulator (or an oscilloscope on a circuit) -- trace the signals out...

Related to Multisim and BCD Display issue

1. What is Multisim and how is it used?

Multisim is a software program used for circuit design and simulation. It allows users to create and test electronic circuits before physically building them.

2. What is a BCD display and how does it work?

A BCD (Binary-Coded Decimal) display is a type of digital display that uses four binary digits (bits) to represent each decimal digit. It works by converting a decimal number into its binary equivalent, with each bit corresponding to a specific digit in the display.

3. What are common issues that can arise when using Multisim and a BCD display together?

One common issue is incorrect wiring or connection of the BCD display, which can result in incorrect or no display of the desired output. Another issue could be using incompatible components or incorrect values, causing the circuit to malfunction.

4. How can I troubleshoot issues with Multisim and a BCD display?

If you are experiencing issues with Multisim and a BCD display, first check that all components are properly connected and values are correct. You can also use the built-in simulation tools in Multisim to test and debug your circuit. Additionally, checking user forums or reaching out to technical support can help identify and resolve any problems.

5. Is Multisim the only software that can be used with a BCD display?

No, there are other software programs available for circuit design and simulation that can also be used with a BCD display. However, Multisim is a popular and widely used option due to its user-friendly interface and comprehensive features.