My LTSpice simulation is too slow

In summary, the conversation discusses ways to make the Ltepsice simulation faster, as it is currently taking too much time to complete. The Defi diodes are expected to withstand 4 kvhi, and the computer system is running on Windows 7. Suggestions are made to improve the speed, such as changing the integration method, decreasing the tolerance, and adding large resistors in parallel with the inductors. It is also suggested to shorten the simulation time and record less of the simulation. Finally, the question is raised if running the simulation at a very small time-step for 30 seconds is necessary.
ernd59
Hi,

How can i make my Ltepsice simulation faster ?

it is taking me too much time (three days and it is not complete)

the Defi diodes are supposed to hold up to 4 kv

Attachments

• spannungsvervielfachung3.asc.txt
    10.9 KB · Views: 538
Engineering news on Phys.org
hi

what computer system are you running it on ?
what are its spec's ?

Likes ernd59
davenn said:
hi
Windows 7

spec.PNG

what computer system are you running it on ?
what are its spec's ?

can you provide the model for the diodes?

some things you can do to make it faster...

change the integration method to trapezoidal.
decrease the tolerance.
put large (10 meg) resistors in parallel with the inductors.

sim it for less time.
record less of the simulation.

You are running a simulation at a very small time-step (switching is occurring on a microsecond scale) for 30 seconds. is that necessary?

Related to My LTSpice simulation is too slow

1. Why is my LTSpice simulation running so slowly?

There could be several reasons why your LTSpice simulation is running slowly. One common reason is that your circuit design is too complex, and the program is having trouble processing all the components and calculations. Another possibility is that your computer's hardware may not be able to handle the demands of the simulation. Lastly, if you are using a large timestep or a small integration tolerance, it can significantly slow down the simulation.

2. How can I make my LTSpice simulation run faster?

There are a few ways to improve the speed of your LTSpice simulation. One option is to simplify your circuit design by removing unnecessary components or simplifying complex circuitry. Another option is to adjust the timestep and integration tolerance to find a balance between accuracy and speed. Additionally, upgrading your computer's hardware, particularly the processor and memory, can significantly improve simulation speed.

3. Is there a way to speed up LTSpice simulation without sacrificing accuracy?

Yes, you can try using advanced features such as multi-core simulation and parallel processing, which can significantly speed up the simulation without sacrificing accuracy. You can also optimize your circuit design by using simpler models for components or using more efficient simulation techniques, such as switch-level simulation.

4. I have a large circuit with many components, how can I speed up the simulation?

If you have a large circuit, it's essential to simplify it as much as possible before running the simulation. This can include using subcircuits, hierarchical designs, or using simpler models for components. You can also try using advanced features such as multi-core simulation and parallel processing to speed up the simulation.

5. Can I improve LTSpice simulation speed by changing the simulation settings?

Yes, changing simulation settings such as timestep and integration tolerance can significantly impact the speed of your LTSpice simulation. It's essential to find a balance between accuracy and speed for your specific circuit design. Additionally, using advanced features such as multi-core simulation and parallel processing can also improve simulation speed.

Back