MY SPACE website - packed with talentless people?

• Thread starter pitot-tube
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Space
In summary, the conversation revolves around a comparison between My Space and Youtube, with the general consensus being that Youtube is for more talented individuals while My Space has a mix of both talented and talentless people. The participants also discuss their preferences for Facebook over My Space and the reasons for using My Space, such as staying in touch with family and friends. The conversation also touches on the annoyance of receiving constant promotions and friend requests on My Space. Finally, there is mention of the changing dynamics of Facebook with the addition of high school students.
pitot-tube
Is My Space a website that allows talentless people (musicians,poets,comedians etc.) to delude themselves into thinking they have talent?

Astronomy news on Phys.org
Certainly.

Unlike Youtube. That's where the talent goes.

You Tube and My Space are so we can see even more talented works from all those people who we were introduced to at the beginning of American Idol :smile:

Anywhere you allow people to upload anything, there will be talentless people. There are also people with talent on myspace..

I feel bad..I'm on facebook which is apprently a 'copy' of myspace.

Bladibla said:
I feel bad..I'm on facebook which is apprently a 'copy' of myspace.

haha, I have a facebook but no myspace. Myspace sucks, facebook has all you need :)

moose said:
haha, I have a facebook but no myspace. Myspace sucks, facebook has all you need :)

Hehe. Only thing I do there is poker. You play as well?

I only have a myspace account because its the easiest way to talk to some of my cousins. (I am an only, so they are like siblings to me). As well, I also use it to find friends from places I have lived before or friends that have moved away.

What annoys me about My Space is that people mainly contact you wanting you to look at their website and buy something off them.And you are told they want to be your "friend!"

Facebook is much more prestigious. However, this probably won't be the case for long as now it's possible for high school students to join... :( .

Related to MY SPACE website - packed with talentless people?

1. Who created the "MY SPACE" website?

The "MY SPACE" website was created by Tom Anderson and Chris DeWolfe in 2003.

2. Is "MY SPACE" still active?

No, "MY SPACE" stopped being active in 2011 and was relaunched in 2013 as a music and entertainment-focused platform.

3. What is the purpose of "MY SPACE"?

The original purpose of "MY SPACE" was to connect people and allow them to share their interests, thoughts, and media. However, the relaunched version now focuses on promoting music and entertainment.

4. What kind of people were on "MY SPACE"?

"MY SPACE" was open to people of all ages and backgrounds, but it was particularly popular among teenagers and young adults in the early 2000s.

5. Why is "MY SPACE" known for having talentless people?

The term "talentless" is subjective and can be seen as derogatory. However, "MY SPACE" gained a reputation for having a large number of amateur musicians and artists who used the platform to showcase their work. Some people may view these individuals as "talentless," while others may appreciate their creativity and passion.