Mysterious Number: Find the Solution June 5

• MHB
  • Thread starter sadsadsadsa
  • Start date
In summary, the number in question is a natural number written with 10 different digits that is divisible by its first i digits (from left to right) for all i ∈ {1,...,10}.
sadsadsadsa
I'm a natural number written with 10 different digits such that for all i ∈ {1,...,10} the number formed by my i first digits (from left to right) is divisible by i. Who am I?

- All solutions will be posted June 5.

Last edited:
Mathematics news on Phys.org

After analyzing the given criteria, it can be concluded that the number in question is 3816547290. This number satisfies all the given conditions as follows:

- The first digit, 3, is divisible by 1.
- The first two digits, 38, are divisible by 2.
- The first three digits, 381, are divisible by 3.
- The first four digits, 3816, are divisible by 4.
- The first five digits, 38165, are divisible by 5.
- The first six digits, 381654, are divisible by 6.
- The first seven digits, 3816547, are divisible by 7.
- The first eight digits, 38165472, are divisible by 8.
- The first nine digits, 381654729, are divisible by 9.
- The first ten digits, 3816547290, are divisible by 10.

Therefore, the number in question is 3816547290.

Related to Mysterious Number: Find the Solution June 5

1. What is the "Mysterious Number" problem?

The "Mysterious Number" problem is a mathematical puzzle in which a number is hidden and the solver must use a series of clues to figure out the value of the number.

2. When was the "Mysterious Number" problem first introduced?

The "Mysterious Number" problem was first introduced on June 5, but the year is unknown. It is possible that the date is simply a part of the puzzle and has no significance.

3. How difficult is the "Mysterious Number" problem to solve?

The difficulty of the "Mysterious Number" problem can vary depending on the level of the clues and the mathematical proficiency of the solver. Some may find it easy while others may struggle to find the solution.

4. Is there a specific method or strategy to solving the "Mysterious Number" problem?

There is no specific method or strategy to solving the "Mysterious Number" problem. It requires a combination of critical thinking, mathematical skills, and trial and error to deduce the correct value of the hidden number.

5. Are there any tips or tricks for solving the "Mysterious Number" problem?

One tip for solving the "Mysterious Number" problem is to carefully analyze each clue and use logic to eliminate possible values for the hidden number. It may also be helpful to write down all the clues and any potential solutions to keep track of the thought process.