NASA's Face in Space Program - Send Your Photo to Space!

• Thread starter Topher925
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Space
In summary, NASA's Face in Space Program allows individuals to submit their photo to be flown on a mission and be a part of space exploration history. To participate, you can visit NASA's website and upload your photo, free of charge. You cannot choose the mission your photo will be flown on, but you can view and download a digital version of your photo from their website.
Topher925
NASA has some kind of program thing where they will send a picture of you into outer space on the next space shuttle mission. They are probably just going to take a flash drive up with them with digital photos on it but it's still a tiny bit cool I think.

http://faceinspace.nasa.gov/

Last edited by a moderator:
Astronomy news on Phys.org
If I send my current face to space, can I get a new one? :biggrin:

The "participation maps" are a bit interesting.

I don't personally see this reviving public interest in the space program that much though...

Related to NASA's Face in Space Program - Send Your Photo to Space!

1. What is NASA's Face in Space Program?

NASA's Face in Space Program is a program that allows individuals to submit their photo to be flown on a NASA mission and be a part of space exploration history.

2. How can I participate in the Face in Space Program?

To participate in the Face in Space Program, you can visit NASA's website and follow the instructions to upload your photo. You will also need to provide some basic information such as your name and location.

3. Is there a cost to participate in the Face in Space Program?

No, there is no cost to participate in the Face in Space Program. It is completely free for anyone to submit their photo and be a part of this unique experience.

4. Can I choose which NASA mission my photo will be flown on?

No, unfortunately you cannot choose which mission your photo will be flown on. NASA will select a mission that is appropriate for your photo and will notify you once it has been selected.

5. Will I receive a physical copy of my photo that was flown on a NASA mission?

No, NASA does not provide physical copies of the photos that are flown on their missions. However, you can view and download a digital version of your photo from their website once it has been flown.