Need Help CMOS signal divider cuircuit

In summary, the CD4059A chip can be used to divide an input signal by 100x. To set it up, you first need to power it up and set the 16 jam inputs to a correct level. Next, apply at least three clock pulses to CP input. Finally, set the inputs to the desired mode.
steelaustin
Engineering news on Phys.org
The datasheet seems pretty clear and complete. What specific questions do you have? Also, if this is for homework/coursework, I can move the question to the Homework Help forums.

Welcome to the PF, BTW.

Im having trouble understanding the data sheet. I need to know how to hook it up like schematics or something.
No this isn't coursework its just a project I am working on for my car!
Thanks,
steelaustin

Please anyone i have the parts i just need some pointers on either how to set it up or on how to figure out how to set it up. I got the data sheets but i got no idea what I am looking at Please Help!

That website is dated 1995 that company has been out of the buissness for over 10 years so the information is no longer available however i googled "CD4059A help" and found this in another forum but i still need to make sense of it.

At power up you have to follow next procedure to setup a certain counting mode and divider into the 4059.

1) With no power to the circuit set the 16 jam inputs J1 to J16 at a correct level depending on your divider.
1a) Let say you have a divider of 5070 and want to use the divide by 4 mode.
1b) Calculate the divider to set into the counter: 5070 / 4 = 1267 remainder 2
1c) Jumper setting:
J1: remainder "1" = 0 remainder = 2
J2: remainder "2" = 1
J3: divider "1" * 10E3 = 1 thousands of divider = 1
J4: divider "2" * 10E3 = 0
J5: divider "1" * 10E0 = 1 units of divider = 7
J6: divider "2" * 10E0 = 1
J7: divider "4" * 10E0 = 1
J8: divider "8" * 10E0 = 1
J9: divider "1" * 10E1 = 0 tens of divider = 6
J10: divider "2" * 10E1 = 1
J11: divider "4" * 10E1 = 1
J12: divider "8" * 10E1 = 0
J13: divider "1" * 10E2 = 0 hundreds of divider = 2
J14: divider "2" * 10E2 = 1
J15: divider "4" * 10E2 = 0
J16: divider "8" * 10E2 = 0

2) Set all inputs Ka, Kb and Kc to a low level. Enable the "Master Preset Mode"

3) Apply power to the circuit

4) Apply at least three clock pulses on CP input

5) Set inputs Ka, Kb and Kc at a correct level according to the used "divide by" mode. For divide by 4 mode Ka low, Kb and Kc high

That sequence is implemented by the gates in the "Logic.jpg" file.
Set the 16 jumpers with no power to the circuit, then apply power.
Wire i is low for at least 3 clock pulses from wire g. After that it has a high level setting the counter in de divide by 4 mode.

IC4 makes 50Hz pulses from 24Vac after transformer. That is my counting frequency.
During normal operation I need to count only when there is 24Vdc across D3 but since I need at least 3 pulses to setup the divider I made an OR gate with D4 and D5. Set up via D5, normal operation via D4.

Attached Images

Attachments

• Divider-4059.jpg
    Divider-4059.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 1,038
  • Logic.jpg
    Logic.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 726
  • Part-List.jpg
    Part-List.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 600
i also found this schematic do you think this will work?

Attachments

• Hydrostar-R.jpg
    Hydrostar-R.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 782
It looks like that schematic is using a 1/1000 tap. Is there a 1/100 tap also available to give you what you originally asked for?

oh I am sorry that /100x is a typo its supposed to be 1/1000 so this will work then the only reason I am scheptical about this setup is because i found another schematic that involved a tonn of diodes and other components to make it work properly but this is way easier to do. so Thanks for your help let's see if this thing can run my car!

oh wait yea the other one I am talking about i already posted lol

No offense, but:
Asking vague questions is a sure-fire way to minimize the amount of interest shown in your problem. I would suggest you remember that you are asking people to give up some of their time and mental energy to help you. Therefore, if you pose your question in an interesting way and describe what the circuit in question is supposed to do, then I'd bet you'll get more help.

yea your right thanks il take that into account next time.

Thank you all for the Help the unit fuctions properly and produces 3x as much hydrogen/oxogen than conventional electrolosis without useing nearly as much current! Thankyou.

FAQ: Need Help CMOS signal divider cuircuit

1. What is a CMOS signal divider circuit?

A CMOS signal divider circuit is a type of electronic circuit that is used to divide an input signal into multiple output signals with different frequencies. It is commonly used in digital systems to divide the clock signal into different frequencies for different components.

2. How does a CMOS signal divider circuit work?

A CMOS signal divider circuit works by using a combination of logic gates and flip-flops to divide the input signal into multiple output signals. The input signal is first fed into a counter, which counts the number of clock cycles and then divides the output by a certain value, determined by the circuit design.

3. What are the advantages of using a CMOS signal divider circuit?

Some advantages of using a CMOS signal divider circuit include its low power consumption, high noise immunity, and compact size. It also allows for easy integration with other digital components and can handle high frequencies.

4. What are some common applications of a CMOS signal divider circuit?

A CMOS signal divider circuit is commonly used in digital systems such as microcontrollers, computer processors, and communication systems. It is also used in frequency synthesis, frequency modulation, and clock generation.

5. How can I design a CMOS signal divider circuit?

To design a CMOS signal divider circuit, you will need to have a good understanding of digital logic and circuit design principles. You can start by researching different circuit designs and studying their schematics. There are also various software tools available that can assist in the design process.