Need Help Integrating w[x] with Mathematica

In summary, the conversation is about someone seeking help with integrating a function in Mathematica. They have created a function and plotted it, but now want to integrate it and receive a graph of the integrated function. The responder suggests sorting the points, interpolating a curve, and using the ListIntegrate feature in Mathematica.
noamriemer
Hi!
I hope this is the right forum... I am having trouble with Mathematica:
Maybe someone could help out of his experience ?

I created w[x]:=RandomReal[NormalDistribution[0,1],x]
I got it's plot.
Now I want to integrate it: I wish to receive another graph, which is the plot of the integration of the function w[x].
Can anyone tell me how do I do it?
Thank you!

Physics news on Phys.org

Related to Need Help Integrating w[x] with Mathematica

1. How do I integrate a function with Mathematica?

To integrate a function with Mathematica, you can use the Integrate command followed by the function you want to integrate and the variable with respect to which you want to integrate. For example, to integrate the function w[x] with respect to x, you would use the command Integrate[w[x], x]. This will return the indefinite integral of w[x].

2. Can Mathematica handle complex integrals?

Yes, Mathematica can handle complex integrals. You can use the Integrate command with complex variables and functions, and it will return the result in terms of complex numbers.

3. How can I specify limits of integration in Mathematica?

To specify limits of integration in Mathematica, you can use the Integrate command with the From and To options. For example, to integrate w[x] from 0 to 1, you would use the command Integrate[w[x], {x, 0, 1}].

4. Is there a way to simplify the result of an integral in Mathematica?

Yes, you can use the Simplify command to simplify the result of an integral in Mathematica. This will simplify the expression and make it easier to read.

5. How can I plot the result of an integral in Mathematica?

To plot the result of an integral in Mathematica, you can use the Plot command. Simply use the Integrate command to calculate the integral and then use the result as the function in the Plot command. You can also specify the range of the plot using the From and To options.