Need help on how to find a Physicist that will do my wedding ceremony

• Thread starter liubare
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physicist
In summary, the author thinks it would be a good idea to have a physicist perform the wedding ceremony instead of an ordained minister/priest/etc. The author advises contacting a local university or national lab. The author speculates that the couple might have a lot of electronegativity in their lives and warns about the potential for multiple bonds.
liubare
I thought it would be a fantastic idea to have a physicist to perform the wedding ceremony (instead of an ordained minister/priest/etc).

It would be pretty simple because we are already married (married via court house last summer), and now we are just doing a wedding for everyone in the family and whatnot.
However, I don't know were to begin to look or who I could ask? The more of a veteran physicist the better it would be!

I look forward to reading responses!
(The wedding will take place in Oklahoma, by the way.)

Physics news on Phys.org
Well where do you think physicists reside? You'll want to contact a local university or national lab. I highly doubt you'll find someone to do this unless they're a really good sport, or unless you're willing to pay a pretty good amount of money.

liubare said:
I thought it would be a fantastic idea to have a physicist to perform the wedding ceremony (instead of an ordained minister/priest/etc).
Why? What on Earth do you expect them to do?

Call Jim Parsons; he can conduct the ceremony in Klingon. :biggrin:

"I now pronounce you permanently entangled. You may osculate the bride." :biggrin:

"By the work over time invested in me by the state of Oklahoma..."

Vanadium 50 said:
"By the work over time invested in me by the state of Oklahoma..."

"phase of Oklahoma..."

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to join these two in the bonds of chemical covalency...to love and to share of all of their atoms..."

"They knew from the very start that they were very attracted to one another..."

Possibly something about completing one anothers shells.

I bet they'll have some Pi to celebrate their Bond. :wink:

I could think of some more. But that's all I've got right now...lol

Last edited:
You guys are starting to get pretty desperate, aren't you? Do you not have wives of your own to go and pester?

I sure don't.

I just hope the new couple doesn't have too much electronegativity in their lives. I'd hate to see them attracting multiple bonds...that wouldn't be good.

In college, one of my fellow physics majors got married, with the ceremony performed by one of our physics professors, who also happened to be an ordained minister. (This was many years ago, and he's no longer available.)

You can check out the stores in Walmart. I heard that they keep some decent physicists exactly for these events.

FAQ: Need help on how to find a Physicist that will do my wedding ceremony

1. How can I find a physicist to officiate my wedding ceremony?

There are a few ways you can try to find a physicist to officiate your wedding ceremony. One option is to ask friends and family if they know any physicists who may be interested. You can also reach out to local universities or physics departments and inquire if any professors or graduate students may be willing to officiate. Additionally, you can search online for directories or listings of physicists who offer officiating services.

2. What qualifications should I look for in a physicist to officiate my wedding ceremony?

When searching for a physicist to officiate your wedding ceremony, it is important to consider their qualifications and experience. Look for someone who has a strong background in physics and is knowledgeable and passionate about the subject. You may also want to ask about their previous experience with officiating ceremonies and their approach to incorporating science into the ceremony.

3. Can a physicist officiate a non-traditional or non-religious ceremony?

Yes, a physicist can certainly officiate a non-traditional or non-religious wedding ceremony. In fact, many physicists may have their own unique and creative ideas for incorporating scientific elements into your ceremony. Be sure to discuss your preferences and vision with the physicist beforehand to ensure they can accommodate your needs.

4. How much does it cost to have a physicist officiate a wedding ceremony?

The cost of having a physicist officiate your wedding ceremony can vary depending on their experience and location. Some may offer their services for free or for a small donation, while others may charge a fee. It is best to discuss this with the physicist before making any arrangements to ensure you are both in agreement on the cost.

5. What should I expect from a physicist officiating my wedding ceremony?

You can expect a physicist to bring a unique and scientific perspective to your wedding ceremony. They may incorporate scientific principles or metaphors into the ceremony, or offer a scientific reading or blessing. It is important to communicate your expectations and preferences with the physicist beforehand to ensure they can tailor the ceremony to your liking.

Back