Need help solving a specific PDE

In summary, a PDE, or partial differential equation, is an equation that describes physical phenomena using partial derivatives of a multivariable function. It is best to seek help from an expert if you are unsure how to solve a specific PDE. There are various methods for solving PDEs, including separation of variables, method of characteristics, finite difference methods, and numerical methods. Some PDEs can be solved by hand, but for more complex ones, a computer may be necessary. To improve skills in solving PDEs, a strong foundation in calculus and differential equations is important, as well as practice and guidance from experienced mathematicians.
jcuze
A[t] = ΣΣukvjpnmt
ΣΣpnmt = 1 and A[0] = p000.
upload_2015-3-17_7-18-43.png

Attachments

• upload_2015-3-17_7-14-39.png
    upload_2015-3-17_7-14-39.png
    848 bytes · Views: 447
Physics news on Phys.org
Do you have any thoughts on this? What have you tried?

FAQ: Need help solving a specific PDE

1. What is a PDE?

A PDE, or partial differential equation, is an equation that involves partial derivatives of a multivariable function. It is commonly used to describe physical phenomena in fields such as physics, engineering, and mathematics.

2. How do I know if I need help solving a specific PDE?

If you are encountering a problem that involves a multivariable function and its partial derivatives, it is likely that you are dealing with a PDE. If you are unsure how to approach solving the problem, it is always best to seek help from a qualified expert.

3. What are some common methods for solving PDEs?

There are several methods for solving PDEs, including separation of variables, method of characteristics, finite difference methods, and numerical methods. The best method to use will depend on the specific PDE and its boundary conditions.

4. Can I solve a PDE by hand or do I need a computer?

It is possible to solve some PDEs by hand using analytical methods. However, for more complex PDEs or those with irregular boundary conditions, a computer may be necessary to obtain an accurate solution.

5. How can I improve my skills in solving PDEs?

To improve your skills in solving PDEs, it is important to have a strong foundation in calculus and differential equations. Practice solving various types of PDEs and familiarize yourself with different solution methods. Seeking guidance from experienced mathematicians or taking an advanced course in PDEs can also be helpful.