Need help solving these simultaneous equations, anyone with a pen and paper?

In summary, to solve simultaneous equations, you can use either the substitution or elimination method. You will need a pen and paper, and possibly a calculator, to solve the equations. There are resources available for assistance, and there is no specific order to solve the equations. To check the solution, you can plug the values into the equations or use a graphing calculator.
Firepanda
Solve

-r*(T^2 + T + 6) + 1 = 0

4r*(T^2 + T) - T = 0

For T and r

One solution is T=0 and r=1/6

There are 2 more.

I have T = +- i/(2)0.5 and r = 1/[4(1+T)]

But MATLAB is disagreeing with my solutions, can anyone rectify them for me please?

Physics news on Phys.org
ah nevermind, foudn my mistake early on, sorry for anyone bothering to attempt it I've done it (after 3 hours :/ )

FAQ: Need help solving these simultaneous equations, anyone with a pen and paper?

1. How do I solve simultaneous equations?

To solve simultaneous equations, you can use the substitution method or the elimination method. Both involve manipulating the equations to isolate one variable and then substituting the value into the other equation to solve for the remaining variable.

2. What do I need to solve simultaneous equations?

You will need a pen and paper to write out the equations and perform the necessary calculations. You may also need a calculator for more complex equations.

3. Can someone help me solve these equations?

Yes, there are many resources available online or in person where someone can assist you with solving simultaneous equations. You can also check with your teacher or professor for additional help.

4. Is there a specific order to solve simultaneous equations?

No, there is no specific order to solve simultaneous equations. You can choose to use the substitution or elimination method depending on the equations and your preference.

5. How do I know if my solution is correct?

To check if your solution is correct, you can plug the values into each equation and see if they satisfy the equations. You can also use a graphing calculator to graph the equations and see if the lines intersect at the solution.

Back