Need help to solve a problem in FEMM software

• Thread starter cemgega
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Software
In summary, the conversation is about using FEMM software for designing a magnetic field in an MSc thesis. The person is seeking information on boundary properties and BC types for an axisymmetric problem involving a coil and a permanent magnet. They are willing to share their .FEM file if needed. However, the person responding reminds them to provide all relevant information in the public thread and removes any personal information for privacy reasons.
cemgega
Hi!

I recently started using FEMM software to design magnetic field for my MSc thesis. I need some information to solve my problems. They about "Boundary Properties and BC types". My problem is axisymmetric and I'm designing a pair of a coil and a permanent magnet. I need to define boundaries of the coil and permanent but cannot decide which BC type to select. I can send my .FEM file if necessary.

Thanks in advance for your interest.

Last edited:
Technology news on Phys.org
Hi cemgega,

I'm afraid you're going to need to provide all the relevant information in the thread, as PF requires that questions and answers remain public so that they may help others who come across the thread. I've also removed the personal information from your post, as we do not allow such information to be displayed publicly for the protection of our members.

Likes cemgega

FAQ: Need help to solve a problem in FEMM software

1. How can I import my geometry into FEMM software?

In order to import your geometry into FEMM software, you will need to first create your geometry in a CAD software such as AutoCAD or SolidWorks. Then, you can save the file as a DXF or DWG file and import it into FEMM using the "Import" option under the "File" menu.

2. What are some common errors that may occur when solving a problem in FEMM software?

Some common errors that may occur when solving a problem in FEMM software include incorrect boundary conditions, meshing errors, and incorrect material properties. It is important to carefully review all inputs and settings to ensure they are accurate before running the simulation.

3. How can I improve the accuracy of my FEMM simulation results?

To improve the accuracy of your FEMM simulation results, you can refine the mesh by decreasing the element size or by using a higher order element type. You can also check and adjust the convergence criteria and verify the material properties and boundary conditions are accurate.

4. Can I solve a 3D problem in FEMM software?

Yes, FEMM software has the capability to solve 3D problems. However, it is recommended to use a specialized 3D FEM software for more complex and accurate 3D simulations.

5. What resources are available for troubleshooting issues in FEMM software?

If you encounter any issues while using FEMM software, there are several resources available for troubleshooting. These include the FEMM user manual, online forums and communities, and contacting the FEMM support team for assistance.

Back