Need help with complex number inequalities?

In summary, the conversation discusses a problem set involving inequalities, specifically for complex numbers. The person is looking for a resource to help with more difficult inequalities and the other person suggests using knowledge about complex numbers to solve them.
Hi!

At university I have got a problem set with lots of inequalities. Unfortunately there are no explanations given how to do them. In Highschool we only did very easy inequalities.
Therefore I am looking for a resource for inequalities. Especially for more difficult inequalities like $$ 1 \leq z \overline {z} \leq 4 , |\Im(z)|<\Re (z),$$ where ##z## is a complex number.

I would be glad at any recommendations.

Physics news on Phys.org
what course are you taking where you find these inequalities? Complex analysis?

that looks like the kinds of problems you would do when first learning about complex numbers. the first one involves an identity with the modulus, and the second one looks almost self-explatory. just try a few examples where it's true & I think it will become clear. I don't think you need a whole book on inequalities if you're doing complex analysis & those are the problems you have. just apply what you know about complex numbers to find the regions where they're true.

Related to Need help with complex number inequalities?

What is a Textbook for Inequalities?

A textbook for inequalities is a comprehensive guide that provides explanations, examples, and practice problems for understanding and solving various types of inequalities in mathematics.

Who is the target audience for a Textbook for Inequalities?

The target audience for a textbook for inequalities is typically students in high school or college who are studying algebra, precalculus, or calculus. It may also be useful for individuals who are preparing for standardized tests or looking to improve their understanding of inequalities.

What topics are typically covered in a Textbook for Inequalities?

A textbook for inequalities typically covers topics such as linear inequalities, quadratic inequalities, absolute value inequalities, systems of inequalities, and graphs of inequalities. It may also include real-world applications and problem-solving strategies.

How can a Textbook for Inequalities be used in the classroom?

A textbook for inequalities can be used as a supplement to classroom instruction, as a reference guide for students, or as a source for homework and practice problems. Teachers may also use the textbook to design lesson plans and assessments.

Are there any online resources available to accompany a Textbook for Inequalities?

Yes, many textbooks for inequalities have online resources such as practice problems, interactive activities, and video tutorials. These resources can be used for additional practice and help students better understand the concepts covered in the textbook.