New free schematic drawing tool at Digikey

In summary, Digikey offers a new feature on their website called Scheme-it, which allows users to create and save schematics as PDF or PNG files. Registration is required in order to save and export the drawings, making it a convenient option for students and hobbyists.
berkeman
Mentor
I just found out about this new feature of the Digikey website. I haven't tried it yet, but for students and hobbyists, it may be a good alternative to buying a schematic capture tool:

http://www.digikey.com/schemeit#

Has anybody tried this yet? You need to have a Digikey login account in order to be able to save the drawing and export it as a PDF or PNG file...

:smile:

Last edited:
Engineering news on Phys.org
Wow! Thanks for pointing that out. Seems to work and for my needs is perfect!

I was able to save a simple schematic without having to register, though that would not be a problem.

Related to New free schematic drawing tool at Digikey

1. What is the purpose of the new free schematic drawing tool at Digikey?

The new free schematic drawing tool at Digikey is designed to help engineers and designers create and edit electronic schematics with ease. It allows users to quickly and accurately draw circuits, add components, and generate materials lists for their projects.

2. Is the schematic drawing tool only for professionals or can hobbyists use it as well?

The schematic drawing tool at Digikey is suitable for both professionals and hobbyists. It is user-friendly and can be used by anyone, regardless of their level of expertise in electronics.

3. Are there any limitations to using the free schematic drawing tool at Digikey?

There are no limitations to using the schematic drawing tool at Digikey. It is completely free to use and has all the necessary features to create detailed and accurate schematics for any electronic project.

4. Can I save my schematics and access them later?

Yes, the schematic drawing tool at Digikey allows you to save your projects and access them at any time. This feature is especially useful for projects that require multiple revisions or for future reference.

5. Are there any tutorials or resources available to help me learn how to use the schematic drawing tool?

Yes, Digikey provides tutorials and resources on their website to help users learn how to use the schematic drawing tool effectively. They also have a support team available to assist with any questions or issues that may arise while using the tool.