New Homo Sapiens timeline findings

• Thread starter 1oldman2
  • Start date
  • Tags
    homo
In summary: Although this one has been a little controversial, it still boggles my imagination. A major rewrite if its proven correct.
Biology news on Phys.org
Amazing how we keep finding out more and more about our history, it's like the never ending story. :approve:

Likes 1oldman2
fresh_42 said:
Yes, these are bad news. 300,000 years instead of 200,000. This means we had even an entire half more time to not improve on our wild evolutionary habits.
Agreed, I always thought as an analogy, "If genetics were a deck of cards there would be a lot of extra jokers in the deck"

Evo said:
Amazing how we keep finding out more and more about our history, it's like the never ending story. :approve:
I'm particularly pleased with the new technologies being developed in these fields, at this rate it really is a never ending story. :cool:

Likes fresh_42 and Evo
1oldman2 said:
I'm particularly pleased with the new technologies being developed in these fields, at this rate it really is a never ending story. :cool:
I find especially interesting the investigations of mitochondrial DNA to reconstruct our migrations. Let alone these are far from being known. IIRC even the settlement of the Americas isn't finally known. Somehow funny that we know more about how we managed to reach Polynesia, which by the way is an enormous achievement, than we actually know how many migrations waves and whether along both coasts or only along the pacific coast took place to reach Fireland.

Likes 1oldman2
fresh_42 said:
I find especially interesting the investigations of mitochondrial DNA to reconstruct our migrations. Let alone these are far from being known. IIRC even the settlement of the Americas isn't finally known. Somehow funny that we know more about how we managed to reach Polynesia, which by the way is an enormous achievement, than we actually know how many migrations waves and whether along both coasts or only along the pacific coast took place to reach Fireland.
Although this one has been a little controversial, it still boggles my imagination. A major rewrite if its proven correct.
https://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v544/n7651/full/nature22065.html

Likes fresh_42

Related to New Homo Sapiens timeline findings

What is the significance of the "New Homo Sapiens timeline findings"?

The "New Homo Sapiens timeline findings" refer to recent discoveries and research that have led to a revised understanding of the timeline of human evolution. This timeline is important because it helps us better understand the origins and development of our species.

How does the "New Homo Sapiens timeline findings" differ from previous theories?

The "New Homo Sapiens timeline findings" differ from previous theories in that they suggest that the emergence of Homo sapiens and modern human behavior occurred earlier than previously thought. This challenges the idea that there was a clear and linear progression from less advanced forms of humans to modern humans.

What evidence supports the "New Homo Sapiens timeline findings"?

The "New Homo Sapiens timeline findings" are supported by a variety of evidence, including fossil records, genetic analysis, and archaeological evidence. For example, the discovery of Homo sapiens fossils in regions and at times that were previously thought to be uninhabited by modern humans supports the idea of an earlier emergence of our species.

How does the "New Homo Sapiens timeline findings" impact our understanding of human evolution?

The "New Homo Sapiens timeline findings" greatly impact our understanding of human evolution by challenging traditional ideas and providing new insights into the complex and dynamic processes that led to the development of our species. It also highlights the need for continued research and exploration to further our understanding of our origins.

What are the implications of the "New Homo Sapiens timeline findings" for future research?

The "New Homo Sapiens timeline findings" have significant implications for future research in the fields of anthropology, archaeology, genetics, and other related fields. It opens up new avenues for exploration and raises new questions about human evolution that will require further investigation and analysis.