New to physics, very interested,

• Thread starter Lennartb
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physics
In summary, a high school junior named Lennart Bendfeldt is interested in learning physics but cannot take a class until next year. He is seeking recommendations for books, websites, or videos to learn from. He mentions being inspired by Michio Kaku's book and asks for help finding a good starting point. The response suggests checking out a forum with links to learning materials.
Lennartb
Hello, first let me start by introducing myself, my name is Lennart Bendfeldt, i am in high school and I am a junior. I cannot take physics until next year but I really want to learn about it now.

What i am saying is, are there any books/websites, videos I can watch or read to learn physics? I'm very interested in physics after reading Michio Kaku's book physics of the impossible. You guys seem like a nice bunch and i was hoping you could help me with what to start with (:

Physics news on Phys.org
Thank you very much (:

Hello Lennart,

First of all, welcome to the world of physics! It's great to hear that you are interested in learning about this fascinating subject. There are many resources available for you to start learning about physics, even before taking a formal course.

One suggestion is to start with some introductory books on physics, such as "Concepts of Physics" by H.C. Verma or "Fundamentals of Physics" by Halliday and Resnick. These books are designed for beginners and will give you a good foundation in the fundamental principles of physics.

In addition, there are many websites and videos that offer free educational content on physics. Some popular ones include Khan Academy, Crash Course, and Physics Classroom. These resources offer interactive lessons and practice problems that can help you understand the concepts better.

Another great way to learn about physics is through hands-on experiments. You can find many simple experiments online that you can try at home with basic materials. This will not only help you understand the concepts better, but also make learning more fun and engaging.

Finally, don't hesitate to reach out to your teachers or other experts in the field for guidance and resources. They will be happy to help you on your journey to learning physics.

I wish you all the best in your physics journey and I am sure you will find it both challenging and rewarding. Keep up the curiosity and enthusiasm, and you will go far in this field. Good luck!

Related to New to physics, very interested,

1. What is physics?

Physics is the branch of science that deals with the study of matter, energy, space, and time, and how they interact with each other. It seeks to understand the fundamental laws and principles that govern the behavior of the physical world.

2. Why should I be interested in physics?

Physics is a fundamental science that has applications in many aspects of our daily lives, from technology and engineering to medicine and the environment. It also helps us to gain a deeper understanding of the world around us and the universe as a whole.

3. What are the main areas of physics?

Physics can be divided into several main areas, including classical mechanics, electricity and magnetism, thermodynamics, optics, and quantum mechanics. There are also many subfields within these areas, such as astrophysics, biophysics, and nuclear physics.

4. How can I learn more about physics?

There are many ways to learn about physics, including taking courses in school or university, reading books and articles, watching videos, attending lectures and seminars, and conducting experiments. It is also helpful to engage in critical thinking and problem-solving exercises to better understand the concepts and theories.

5. Is physics a difficult subject to study?

Physics can be a challenging subject, as it involves complex mathematical and conceptual concepts. However, with dedication and practice, anyone can learn and understand physics. It is important to approach the subject with curiosity and a willingness to learn, and to seek help from teachers or resources when needed.

Back