Next Susskind Lectures: Attend & Learn | Stanford Continuing Studies

• Intro Physics
  • Thread starter smodak
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Lectures
In summary, the original Susskind lectures were recorded and put on Youtube due to overwhelming response. It was a transient experiment that took place in 2008 and it is unclear if it will continue. Susskind, who is now 76 years old, may have permanently retired from teaching in the classroom setting. There is no information on the Stanford Continuing Studies website about the lectures, but you can check for new courses available on their website.
smodak
Anyone knows when is the next Susskind lectures and how does one attend them? I am not talking about viewing the pre-recorded lectures on Youtube but I would like to attend the original classroom ones from which the youtube ones were recorded. I have not found any information on the Stanford Continuing Studies website. Does he still do them or was it just a transient experiment?

Physics news on Phys.org
The courses were offered through Stanford's continuing education program. You can check its website to see what new courses will be available: http://continuingstudies.stanford.edu/ . However, Susskind is pretty old now (76), so I wouldn't be surprised if he has permanently retired from teaching in the classroom setting.

As my op says, there is nothing on the website.
MrRobotoToo said:
The courses were offered through Stanford's continuing education program. You can check its website to see what new courses will be available: http://continuingstudies.stanford.edu/ . However, Susskind is pretty old now (76), so I wouldn't be surprised if he has permanently retired from teaching in the classroom setting.

smodak said:
As my op says, there is nothing on the website.

Sorry about that. Feel free to delete my posts.

Related to Next Susskind Lectures: Attend & Learn | Stanford Continuing Studies

1. What is the Susskind Lecture series?

The Susskind Lecture series is a program offered by Stanford Continuing Studies that features lectures by renowned physicist Leonard Susskind. The lectures cover topics in modern physics and are designed for a general audience.

2. When and where are the next Susskind Lectures?

The next Susskind Lectures will take place at Stanford University in California. The dates and times for the lectures can be found on the Stanford Continuing Studies website.

3. How do I attend the Susskind Lectures?

To attend the Susskind Lectures, you must register and pay for the program through the Stanford Continuing Studies website. The lectures are open to the public and no prior knowledge of physics is required.

4. What will I learn from the Susskind Lectures?

The Susskind Lectures cover a variety of topics in modern physics, including quantum mechanics, cosmology, and string theory. Participants will gain a deeper understanding of these complex subjects and their implications for our understanding of the universe.

5. Can I access recordings of past Susskind Lectures?

Yes, recordings of past Susskind Lectures are available on the Stanford Continuing Studies website. They can be purchased individually or as part of a lecture series package. These recordings are a valuable resource for those unable to attend the lectures in person or for those who wish to review the material.