NLO Corrections/Feynman Diagram

• Thread starter Jodahr
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Diagram
In summary, NLO (Next-to-Leading Order) corrections in Feynman diagrams are quantum loop corrections that are important in understanding the behavior of particles at high energies. These corrections are calculated using perturbation theory, specifically by including one-loop diagrams in addition to tree-level diagrams. NLO corrections are crucial in particle physics as they provide a more accurate description of physical processes and can significantly affect experimental results. While there are higher order corrections that can be calculated, NLO corrections are the most commonly used due to their complexity and computational requirements.
Jodahr
Hello,

I've a question: Does anybody know a book, paper or thesis where I can find a "simple" Loop Correction of a whole process? In every book I only finde the computations of the self-energy and vertex corrections and the derivation of the counterterms, bot not a "whole" process.

I don't know exactly how to work with the new Feynman Rules. I just can imagine a bit^^..
But I'd like to see a whole Computations for the squared amplitude. I would prefer a QED process, but QCD is also ok :)...

I know that I have to add the Counterterm Diagrams to "kill" the divergence of the "loop Diagrams". But how looks the Computation exactly.

Thanks to all und have a nice day.

Regards,

Jodahr

Physics news on Phys.org

Hello Jodahr,

Thank you for your question. I understand that you are looking for a resource that explains the process of loop corrections in a comprehensive and understandable manner. I would recommend the book "Quantum Field Theory" by Mark Srednicki. In this book, the author goes through the entire process of loop corrections in a QED process, including the computation of the squared amplitude and the derivation of counterterms. He also explains the new Feynman rules and how to work with them in detail. Additionally, the book also covers QCD processes, so it should meet your needs in that aspect as well. I hope this helps and have a great day.

Related to NLO Corrections/Feynman Diagram

1. What are NLO corrections in Feynman diagrams?

NLO (Next-to-Leading Order) corrections in Feynman diagrams refer to the calculation of quantum loop corrections to a given physical process. These corrections are important in understanding the behavior of particles at high energies and are essential in making precise predictions in particle physics experiments.

2. How are NLO corrections calculated in Feynman diagrams?

NLO corrections are calculated using perturbation theory, where the calculations are broken down into simpler parts and then combined to get the final result. Specifically, NLO corrections involve calculating the one-loop diagrams in addition to the tree-level diagrams that are used in LO (Leading Order) calculations.

3. Why are NLO corrections important in particle physics?

NLO corrections are important in particle physics because they provide a more accurate description of physical processes at high energies. The inclusion of NLO corrections in calculations allows for more precise predictions of particle interactions, which is crucial in verifying and testing the validity of theoretical models.

4. How do NLO corrections affect experimental results?

NLO corrections can have a significant impact on experimental results, especially at high energies. Without taking into account NLO corrections, experimental results may not match the theoretical predictions, leading to incorrect conclusions about the behavior of particles. Including NLO corrections in calculations can improve the agreement between theory and experiment.

5. Are NLO corrections the highest order of corrections in Feynman diagrams?

No, NLO corrections are not the highest order of corrections in Feynman diagrams. There are also NNLO (Next-to-Next-to-Leading Order) and higher order corrections that can be calculated. However, the complexity and computational resources required for these higher order corrections make NLO corrections the most commonly used in particle physics calculations.