Not getting email notifications

phinds
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
About 10 days ago my email got screwed up due to a change by my ISP. I got it fixed several days ago but I STILL am not getting notifications by email of watched threads even though I AM getting notifications on the site. According to my settings (email is correct by blacked out to avoid personal detail in open forum) I should be getting them. What am I missing?

1727706265788.png

Physics news on Phys.org
Is this about PF? I am now supposed to ask this question every single time. (That's a joke! Honest!)

Let's decouple things. Are you getting ANY emails on this account? Is anything ending up in Spam?

What was the email screw-up? Did your address change? How long did it last? My gut reaction is that due to the number of likely bounces, our SMTP provider may have stopped sending emails to your address. I can have a look later today.

Vanadium 50 said:
Let's decouple things. Are you getting ANY emails on this account? Is anything ending up in Spam?
Oh, yeah, the email works fine. I think Greg may have found the problem.

Greg Bernhardt said:
What was the email screw-up? Did your address change? How long did it last? My gut reaction is that due to the number of likely bounces, our SMTP provider may have stopped sending emails to your address. I can have a look later today.
It was totally out for about a week, so sounds like you've identified the issue. Thanks.

Yep confirmed, you were being suppressed due to a hard bounce. I have cleared it.

jack action said:
@Greg Bernhardt could check my email as well?
You are also suppressed due to at some point labeling our emails as spam.

Likes Vanadium 50