Ok, I am outraged at my local Publix

• Thread starter QuarkCharmer
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Local
In summary: The same way that W.C. Fields did (ie: boiled)?I have no idea. But I imagine it would have something to do with boiling.
QuarkCharmer
My favorite food is the peanut butter cookie. I get them every single time I go grocery shopping. Today, I was hit with bad news. They did not have any cookies, and they would not be making any more, ever! :cry:

The baker told me that it's due to so many people having peanut allergies and the threat of contamination outweights the risk oh... blah blah.

OH COME ON! What am I supposed to do now! Learn to cook them? Peanut butter cookies mysteriously vanished from Subway a few years ago, and I said nothing, now I am out of options!

Why is there a massive outbreak of peanut allergies, and why does it have to effect us non allergic!

Physics news on Phys.org
Apparently peanut allergies can be really sensitive. Some of those people can't even read Charlie Brown comics.

QuarkCharmer said:
My favorite food is the peanut butter cookie. I get them every single time I go grocery shopping. Today, I was hit with bad news. They did not have any cookies, and they would not be making any more, ever! :cry:

The baker told me that it's due to so many people having peanut allergies and the threat of contamination outweights the risk oh... blah blah.

OH COME ON! What am I supposed to do now! Learn to cook them? Peanut butter cookies mysteriously vanished from Subway a few years ago, and I said nothing, now I am out of options!

Why is there a massive outbreak of peanut allergies, and why does it have to effect us non allergic!
Peanut butter cookies are really easy to do. Plus, you can experiment to find the mix of ingredients that tastes best to you. Maybe Publix bakery will give you their recipe.

leroyjenkens said:
Apparently peanut allergies can be really sensitive. Some of those people can't even read Charlie Brown comics.

:smile: :smile:

When I was a kid, nobody on the face of the effin' planet was allergic to peanuts. As a comic at the Montreal festival once said, if your kid is so vulnerable that my kid can't eat peanut butter at home, don't get attached. He ain't going to make it.

I can see both sides.

On one hand, peanut butter cookies are incredible.

On the other hand, I know someone with an allergy so bad they can't even be in the same room as a peanut. Any sort of cross contamination from a peanut butter cookie wouldn't be ideal.

QuarkCharmer said:
OH COME ON! What am I supposed to do now! Learn to cook them?

Simplest solution,

http://store.iuneeds.com/images/pillsbury_peanutbutter.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
dlgoff said:
Simplest solution,

http://store.iuneeds.com/images/pillsbury_peanutbutter.jpg

But maybe not Pillsbury. Have you looked at the trans fatty acid content? :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Whovian said:
But maybe not Pillsbury. Have you looked at the trans fatty acid content? :smile:
I guess he'll need to learn to cook. Or get messy just eating natural peanut butter itself.

peanutbutter.jpg

Why no peanut butter? If it wasn't for peanut butter, I couldn't get foul-tasting pills into my dog. Duke will eat anything coated with peanut butter, though he might draw the line at that toddler. He loves little kids.

turbo said:
He loves little kids.

The same way that W.C. Fields did (ie: boiled)?
Digoff, that picture scares the hell out of me. I once knew a kid who looked like that, and there was no peanut butter involved. It was the first and last time that I attempted babysitting.

Related to Ok, I am outraged at my local Publix

What specific actions at Publix are causing outrage?

There are various reasons why someone may be outraged at their local Publix, such as the store's policy on plastic bags, their treatment of employees, or their product selection. It is important to determine the specific issue at hand in order to address it properly.

What impact does Publix have on the environment?

As a scientist, I cannot speak on behalf of Publix's impact on the environment. However, there have been concerns raised about their use of plastic bags and the carbon footprint of their supply chain. It is important for companies to prioritize sustainability and take steps to reduce their impact on the environment.

What is Publix's stance on social and political issues?

Publix is a privately owned company and does not publicly share their stance on social and political issues. However, they have faced backlash in the past for making political donations to certain candidates or parties, which may not align with the beliefs of some customers.

How does Publix handle food safety and recalls?

Publix has a rigorous food safety program in place and closely follows FDA guidelines for food handling and storage. In the event of a food recall, Publix promptly removes the affected products from their shelves and notifies customers through various channels.

Is Publix taking steps to address diversity and inclusion?

Publix has made efforts to promote diversity and inclusion within their company, such as creating employee resource groups and offering diversity and inclusion training. However, like any company, there is always room for improvement and it is important for customers to voice their concerns and hold companies accountable.

Back