One Step from Rain to Dry: A Strange Encounter

In summary, the conversation discusses the strange phenomenon of experiencing heavy rain in one area and completely dry conditions just a few steps away. The speakers share their personal experiences of encountering this occurrence, including one instance where it rained inside a hotel room due to a misunderstanding of a bidet. They also mention the scientific explanation behind this phenomenon, such as updrafts and storm boundaries.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Driving home this morning the rain was teeming down, we often get teeming rain in periods of drought, but just at the edge of my property it stopped, i could literally take one step from rain to dry, i know a storm has to have boundaries but to be so abrupt was strange.

Physics news on Phys.org
I experienced that before. I was in town and stepped from summer shower into summer sunshine. It was bizarre.

I saw it as a child. Rain on one side of the property and dry on the other.

Everytime it rains here it seems like it will be pouring on my head, but I take one step and it stops completely. Of course I am stepping into my house.

Once when I lived in Denver, I was standing in a pouring rain shower, without a cloud in the sky. Seems the rain was on the other side of the mountains, and was up drafted over the mountain range.

hypatia said:
Once when I lived in Denver, I was standing in a pouring rain shower, without a cloud in the sky. Seems the rain was on the other side of the mountains, and was up drafted over the mountain range.

That is a cool effect.

Once I was staying in a hotel and it actually rained INSIDE. Turned out though it was just my first experience with a bidet.

Related to One Step from Rain to Dry: A Strange Encounter

1. What is the main idea of "One Step from Rain to Dry: A Strange Encounter"?

The main idea of "One Step from Rain to Dry: A Strange Encounter" is to explore the concept of time travel and its potential consequences.

2. Who is the author of "One Step from Rain to Dry: A Strange Encounter"?

The author of "One Step from Rain to Dry: A Strange Encounter" is Stephen King, a well-known American author known for his horror and supernatural fiction.

3. What inspired the author to write "One Step from Rain to Dry: A Strange Encounter"?

The author has stated that the idea for "One Step from Rain to Dry: A Strange Encounter" came to him while he was reading about quantum physics and the concept of parallel universes.

4. Is "One Step from Rain to Dry: A Strange Encounter" based on a true story?

No, "One Step from Rain to Dry: A Strange Encounter" is a work of fiction and is not based on a true story.

5. Are there any other works by the author that are similar to "One Step from Rain to Dry: A Strange Encounter"?

Yes, Stephen King is known for his exploration of supernatural and science fiction themes in many of his works, including "The Stand" and "11/22/63".