One Way Plug Key: Definition & Uses

• Thread starter gracy
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about the use of one way plug keys in electrical circuits. The purpose of the key is to make or break the circuit by inserting or removing it. It is used in classrooms and labs and is not practical for real world applications. The proper way to connect it is to the positive terminal of a battery. The key is removed in an upward direction to open the circuit. In the meter bridge experiment, the resistance in series is equal to the sum of the individual resistances, while the resistance in parallel is equal to the reciprocal of the sum of the individual resistances. For homework help, it is recommended to post in the designated forums for assistance.
In my practical we are told to connect these gaps ,how can we connect gaps?

Physics news on Phys.org
gracy said:
In my practical we are told to connect these gaps ,how can we connect gaps?
See post #22.

Edit: Sorry, I meant post number 31.

Last edited:
(wheatstone)?Gaps are connected like wheatstone bridge?

gracy said:
The Wheatstone reference was due to the schematic symbol in question on the tiny, fuzzy image reminding me of a typical Wheatstone bridge setup.

I now realize that it's meant to represent a switching arrangement comprised of your Plug Key Switches (PKS's). So forget the Wheatstone.

Apparently you're meant to use the provided PKS's in the wiring up of your lab circuit. You'll have to figure out the wiring arrangement that makes the plug key switches accomplish the required reversal of the polarity of one of the cells.

gneill said:
Apparently you're meant to use the provided PKS's in the wiring up of your lab circuit. You'll have to figure out the wiring arrangement that makes the plug key switches accomplish the required reversal of the polarity of one of the cells.
Is this answer of my 36th post?

gracy said:
Is this answer of my 36th post?
Your 36th post asked how to connect the gaps. That's easy: insert a plug key into the gap.

My previous response was to your question:

Back