Online Homework due by 12 AM tonight

• Thread starter icecubefosho
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Homework
In summary, the conversation discussed the use of a German gun called Big Bertha during World War I to shell Paris, with an initial speed of 1.13 km/s and an initial inclination of 42.4 degrees. The acceleration of gravity was also mentioned. The question asked for the distance the shell hit and the time it was in the air, in units of km and s respectively. The conversation then shifted to an autographed baseball rolling off a desk and striking the floor, with the acceleration of gravity given. The question asked for the initial speed of the ball while it was still on the desk, in units of m/s. The conversation ended with a suggestion to study equations and previous threads for help.
icecubefosho

Homework Statement

During World War I, the Germans had a gun
called Big Bertha that was used to shell Paris.
The shell had an initial speed of 1.13 km/s at
an initial inclination of 42.4Degrees to the horizontal.
The acceleration of gravity is 9.8 m/s2 :
How far away did the shell hit? Answer in
units of km.

How long was it in the air? Answer in units
of s.

----------------------------------------------------------------

An autographed baseball rolls off of a 0.81 m
high desk and strikes the floor 0.28 m away
from the desk.
The acceleration of gravity is 9.81 m/s2 :
How fast was it rolling on the desk before it
fell off?
Answer in units of m=s.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Homework Equations

I don't know

The Attempt at a Solution

I'm not going to try an answer and get deducted points from this online HW system. Please answer first and then we can discuss these later. Hopefully later tomorrow. I have my PSATS tomorrow and I really need to finish this up and study for em. Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm not going to try an answer and get deducted points from this online HW system.

Doesn't mean you can't show us your work. We will tell you if you're doing things right.

I can't show the work if I don't know the equations

Open your textbook and study the chapters then come back to us with an attempt.

I was never given a Pre-AP Textbook when I went advanced from Academic. My Academic book is poorly written as if its more like a Physics for Dummies book

FAQ: Online Homework due by 12 AM tonight

1. What is online homework?

Online homework refers to assignments or tasks that are given to students to complete using digital platforms or tools, rather than traditional pen and paper methods. This can include completing quizzes, writing essays, or solving problems online.

2. Why is my online homework due by 12 AM tonight?

The due date and time for online homework is typically set by the instructor or professor. They may choose to have the assignment due at 12 AM because it allows them to grade and provide feedback to students in a timely manner.

3. Can I submit my online homework after the 12 AM deadline?

It depends on the specific guidelines set by your instructor. Some may allow a grace period for late submissions, while others may not accept any late work. It is important to communicate with your instructor if you are unable to submit your work on time.

4. What happens if I miss the deadline for my online homework?

If you miss the deadline for your online homework, it is likely that you will receive a lower grade or no credit for the assignment. It is important to manage your time effectively and prioritize completing assignments on time.

5. How can I ensure that I complete my online homework by 12 AM tonight?

To ensure that you complete your online homework on time, it is important to plan ahead and manage your time effectively. Make a schedule and set aside dedicated time to work on your assignments. Also, make sure you have a reliable internet connection and any necessary materials before starting your work.

Back