Opera Compatability Issues - Posting, Adv. Reply & Multi-Quote

• Thread starter k3N70n
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker is informing PF that they have been unable to post new threads or use advanced reply or multi-quote features on Opera and have to use Firefox instead. They mention that they are using Opera Version 9.24 and have had similar problems with previous versions. They also provide a screenshot of the issue and mention that it is likely due to an incompatibility between the new Opera and a LaTeX Reference plugin. PF responds that they will look into the issue and mentions that the plugin works well with Opera 9.24 on their development vBulletin forum. They suggest that the issue may be related to a recent vBulletin update, but it should be a minor fix.
k3N70n
Hi PF

Just wanted to let you know that I've had no joy trying to:
a) Post new threads
b) Do advance reply/(multi)quote
with Opera. I have to use Firefox instead.

Not sure if it's an easy problem to fix but I thought I'd let you know.

I'm using Opera Version 9.24 Build 8816 though I seem to remember having problems with other versions as well.

Lastly http://img220.imageshack.us/my.php?image=41809130dc3.png" a screenshot of what happens (it hangs here indefinitely)

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Greg, this issue is probably due to an incompatibility between the new Opera (9.24) and my LaTeX Reference plugin. I'll look into the cause and solution.

-Job- said:
Greg, this issue is probably due to an incompatibility between the new Opera (9.24) and my LaTeX Reference plugin. I'll look into the cause and solution.

ok thanks Job! :)

Actually, on the version i have on my development vBulletin forum the plugin works well with Opera 9.24. Did you recently update to a new vBulletin version?

Nevermind, i see that you did, it's probably related, but should be a minor change to fix it.

Related to Opera Compatability Issues - Posting, Adv. Reply & Multi-Quote

What are the common compatibility issues when posting on Opera?

Some common compatibility issues when posting on Opera include formatting errors, slow loading times, and difficulty uploading images or videos.

Why do some users experience problems with advanced reply on Opera?

Advanced reply on Opera may cause issues due to its compatibility with certain plugins or extensions. It could also be caused by outdated browser versions or conflicting settings.

How can I fix multi-quote issues on Opera?

If you are experiencing issues with multi-quote on Opera, try clearing your browser's cache and cookies. You can also try using a different browser or checking for updates on Opera.

Why do certain features not work when posting on Opera?

This could be due to incompatibility with certain scripts or coding used on the website. It could also be caused by outdated browser versions or conflicting settings.

Is there a way to avoid compatibility issues when posting on Opera?

To avoid compatibility issues, it is recommended to use the latest version of Opera and keep it updated. You can also try disabling any plugins or extensions that may be causing conflicts. Additionally, make sure to clear your cache and cookies regularly.