Orthographic to isometric drawing

• Thread starter bawse
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Drawing
In summary, the conversation discusses a difficulty in transitioning from converting isometric drawings to orthographic ones and asks for help and feedback on a specific drawing. The person providing help points out an error in the drawing and suggests making adjustments to make it appear more 3D.
bawse
Hi,

So I've just recently transitioned from converting isometric drawings --> orthographic to orthographic --> isometric and I am having quite a bit of difficulty with the latter

I have attached the question and my attempt at it (hardly anything because I am having trouble visualising how the component looks like.

Any help would be appreciated

cheers

Attachments

• IMG_1146[1].jpg
    IMG_1146[1].jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 555
  • IMG_1147[1].jpg
    IMG_1147[1].jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 530
Physics news on Phys.org
since my original post, I have fiddled around and seemed to come to a drawing that looks closer to the answer. Could anyone tell me if I am on the right path? And also in the attachment, the portion circled doesn't look right to me, but I don't know how to make it seem 3D. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1148.jpg
    IMG_1148.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 546
The way you have the isometric drawn, you show the angled notch in the near corner of the object extending the full depth, which is not what the ortho projections indicate: the lines on the bottom should be invisible.

Likes 1 person

FAQ: Orthographic to isometric drawing

1. What is orthographic to isometric drawing?

Orthographic to isometric drawing is a method of creating 3D drawings from 2D orthographic views. It involves projecting a 2D drawing onto a 3D isometric grid, which shows all three dimensions (length, width, and height) in a single view.

2. Why is orthographic to isometric drawing important?

Orthographic to isometric drawing is important because it allows for a more accurate representation of 3D objects. It also helps with visualizing complex objects and communicating design ideas more effectively.

3. What are the steps involved in creating an orthographic to isometric drawing?

The first step is to create a 2D orthographic drawing of the object. Then, an isometric grid is drawn on top of the orthographic drawing. The object's points are projected onto the grid and connected to create the isometric drawing.

4. What are the advantages of using orthographic to isometric drawing over other methods?

Orthographic to isometric drawing is advantageous because it is a simple and efficient method for creating 3D drawings. It also allows for accurate measurements and easy editing of the drawing.

5. Can orthographic to isometric drawing be used for all types of objects?

Yes, orthographic to isometric drawing can be used for all types of objects, including both simple and complex shapes. It is a versatile method that can be applied to various industries, such as engineering, architecture, and product design.