Orthographic to isometric drawing

• Thread starter bawse
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Drawing
In summary, the conversation discusses converting an orthographic given into an isometric drawing and the person is seeking help in visualizing the object. They have attached a picture of their attempt and are questioning if they are on the right track and if there are any errors. Another person points out a potential mistake at the bottom left corner. The conversation also mentions identifying if the round objects are pegs or holes, with one person confirming that the left circle is a peg and the right circle is a hole.
bawse

Homework Statement

I have to convert the orthographic given into an isometric drawing. I am struggling to visualise the object with the orthographic so if anyone can help me out it would be great

Picture attached

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Picture attached. My attempt is hardly complete, but i just want to know if I am on the right track and if I have made any errors

Attachments

• IMG_11.jpg
    IMG_11.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 502
  • IMG_1154.jpg
    IMG_1154.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 670
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Edit: See correction below.

Not too hard to work out if each of the round things are pegs or holes.

Last edited:
There is something wrong at the bottom left corner of your isometric.

Attachments

• attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 421
Last edited:
CWatters said:
There is something wrong at the bottom left corner of your isometric.

Hi, you mentioned something about pegs or holes which I overlooked before. Am I correct when I say that the left circle is a peg protruding out 1 unit? And the circle on the right is a hole?

Yes, that's what I think.

FAQ: Orthographic to isometric drawing

1. What is the purpose of orthographic to isometric drawing?

Orthographic to isometric drawing is a method used in technical drawing to create a three-dimensional representation of an object. It allows for a more accurate and detailed depiction of an object on a two-dimensional surface, making it easier for engineers and designers to visualize and communicate their ideas.

2. How is orthographic to isometric drawing different from other drawing techniques?

Unlike other drawing techniques, such as perspective drawing, orthographic to isometric drawing uses a series of parallel lines and planes to represent an object in three dimensions. This results in a more technical and precise representation, rather than a realistic one.

3. What are the steps involved in creating an orthographic to isometric drawing?

The first step is to create an orthographic drawing of the object, which shows the object from multiple views (top, front, and side). Then, using a set of guidelines and measurements, the orthographic drawing is transformed into an isometric drawing by projecting the views onto angled axes.

4. What are the benefits of using orthographic to isometric drawing?

Orthographic to isometric drawing allows for a more accurate and detailed representation of an object, making it easier to understand and visualize for both the creator and the audience. It also aids in the design process by helping to identify and resolve any potential issues before construction or production begins.

5. Are there any limitations to using orthographic to isometric drawing?

One limitation of orthographic to isometric drawing is that it may not accurately convey the true scale or proportions of an object. It also requires a certain level of technical skill and understanding of geometry and perspective to create an accurate representation. Additionally, it may be more time-consuming compared to other drawing techniques.