Package braket broken in MathJax

Customer: Can you help me find the best deal for a new laptop?Expert: Sure, I can help you. What are your specifications and budget?Customer: I need a lightweight laptop with a powerful processor and a budget of $1000.Expert: Based on your specifications and budget, I would recommend the Dell XPS 13. It has a powerful processor and is known for its lightweight design. It also falls within your budget.In summary, for a lightweight laptop with a powerful processor and a budget of $1000, the Dell XPS 13 would be the best option."
DrClaude
Mentor
It appears that the MathJax implementation of the ##\LaTeX## package is broken.

In another thread, I posted this
Screenshot 2023-06-13 at 09.57.20.png

In this post, the command \braket{N} should display as
$$
\langle N \rangle
$$
but it appeared as
$$
\langle N | N \rangle
$$

If I try it in this post, it results in
$$
\braket{N}
$$
which, as of now, appears correct.

@Greg Bernhardt, can you contact the developers?

Likes Slimy0233

Related to Package braket broken in MathJax

What is the "Package braket broken" error in MathJax?

The "Package braket broken" error in MathJax typically indicates that there is a syntax issue or a missing package that MathJax requires to properly render the mathematical expressions. This can occur if the input contains incorrect or unsupported LaTeX commands.

How can I troubleshoot the "Package braket broken" error in MathJax?

To troubleshoot this error, first check your LaTeX code for any syntax errors or missing braces. Ensure that all required packages are loaded if you are using specific LaTeX commands. You can also enable MathJax debugging by setting the `showProcessingMessages` option to `true` to get more detailed error messages.

Which MathJax configuration options can help resolve the "Package braket broken" error?

Configuring MathJax correctly can help resolve this error. Make sure to include all necessary extensions in the MathJax configuration, such as `"TeX-AMS-MML_HTMLorMML"`. You can also use the `tex2jax` options to specify delimiters and other settings that might affect how MathJax processes your LaTeX code.

Are there specific LaTeX commands that commonly cause the "Package braket broken" error in MathJax?

Yes, certain LaTeX commands that rely on specific packages not included by default in MathJax can cause this error. For example, commands from the `braket` package or other specialized packages may need to be explicitly loaded. Ensure that any such commands are supported by MathJax or find alternative commands that achieve the same result.

Can updating MathJax help fix the "Package braket broken" error?

Updating MathJax to the latest version can sometimes resolve this error, as newer versions may include additional packages or improved error handling. Always check the MathJax release notes for any updates related to package support and bug fixes that might address the "Package braket broken" error.