Paintball Cylinder Threaded Port Dimensions

In summary, The conversation is about obtaining information on the dimensions of the threaded cylinder port for a paintball pin valve. The thread is known to be 5/8-18UNF-2B and the person is looking for information on the o-ring surface of the port. They are also discussing the possibility of finding out the DOT number for the pressure cylinder. The person inquiring does not have an actual cylinder but provides a photo of the pin valve in question.
stratocaster142
Does anybody have information on the threaded cylinder port that a paintball pin valve threads into?

I know it's a 5/8-18UNF-2B thread, but I need to know the dimensions for the o-ring surface of the port.

Thanks

Engineering news on Phys.org
Any pressure cylinder should have a DOT number on the side. Can you find out what it is?

I take it the o-ring is a face seal?

Related to Paintball Cylinder Threaded Port Dimensions

1. What are threaded ports on a paintball cylinder?

Threaded ports on a paintball cylinder are small openings on the side of the cylinder that allow for the attachment of air hoses or regulators. They typically have a specific thread size and pitch to ensure a secure and airtight connection.

2. How do I determine the thread size of my paintball cylinder's port?

The thread size of a paintball cylinder's port can be determined by using a thread gauge or caliper to measure the diameter and pitch of the threads. Alternatively, you can refer to the manufacturer's specifications for the specific model of your paintball cylinder.

3. Are all paintball cylinder threaded ports the same size?

No, not all paintball cylinder threaded ports are the same size. Different manufacturers may use different thread sizes and pitches for their cylinders. It is important to check the specifications of your specific cylinder to ensure compatibility with any attachments or regulators.

4. Can I use adapters to fit a paintball cylinder with different threaded port dimensions?

Yes, there are adapters available that can allow you to connect a paintball cylinder with one thread size to a regulator or attachment with a different thread size. However, it is important to make sure that the adapter is compatible with both the cylinder and the attachment to ensure a secure and safe connection.

5. Are there any standard thread sizes for paintball cylinder ports?

Yes, there are some common thread sizes used for paintball cylinder ports, such as 1/8" NPT (National Pipe Thread) and 5/8" UNF (Unified Fine Thread). However, it is always best to check the specifications of your specific cylinder to ensure the correct thread size and pitch.

Back