Particle Frequency: Neutron Mass 1.0245 amu

In summary, The speaker is seeking help in determining a hypothetical EM frequency and MeV energy that would coincide with a higher mass neutron particle. They are also asking if there is anything available for purchase to reproduce such frequencies in a low range. They clarify that the EM frequency they need is for the particle's resonance frequency at the higher mass. The other person responds that they do not understand the request, particularly the meaning of "the particle's resonant frequency."
ProjectsBlack
Hello, please can anyone help me?

The thing is i am trying to work out a hypothetical EM frequency and MeV energy which would coincide with a neutron particle only with a higher mass of 1.0245 amu. I was also wondering if there is anything on the market that i can buy to reproduce such an EM frequency or other such frequencies in that low range.

Very Kind regards

Physics news on Phys.org
I must apologise for my question, i failed to add or explain that the EM frequency i need is to be that if the particles resonance frequency but only at the higher mass as requested.

Thank you.

Unfortunately none of what you have said makes much sense. For example, in what sense do you mean "the particles resonant frequency?".

FAQ: Particle Frequency: Neutron Mass 1.0245 amu

1. What is the significance of the neutron mass being 1.0245 amu?

The neutron mass of 1.0245 amu is the average mass of a neutron, which is an essential subatomic particle found in the nucleus of an atom. This value is used as a standard for measuring the masses of other particles.

2. How is the neutron mass determined?

The neutron mass is determined through experimental techniques, such as mass spectrometry, where the mass of a neutron is compared to a known standard. The most accurate measurement of neutron mass to date is 1.00866491588(49) amu.

3. How does the neutron mass affect the stability of an atom?

The neutron mass plays a crucial role in determining the stability of an atom. If the number of neutrons in an atom is not balanced with the number of protons, the atom can become unstable and undergo radioactive decay.

4. Can the neutron mass vary?

Yes, the neutron mass can vary slightly depending on the isotope of the element. Isotopes are atoms of the same element with different numbers of neutrons. The mass of a neutron in different isotopes can vary by a few units in the third decimal place.

5. How does the neutron mass compare to the mass of other particles?

The neutron mass is slightly larger than the mass of a proton, which is 1.00727647 amu. It is also significantly larger than the mass of an electron, which is approximately 0.00054858 amu. However, the neutron is still considered a subatomic particle and is much smaller than the overall mass of an atom.

Back