Particle.js: Exploring Particle Physics with Web Technologies

andrenepomuceno
Hello everyone!

I am excited to share my latest project, Particle.js, a simplified N-body particle physics simulation designed as an educational and experimental tool. This project is not intended to be a precise scientific instrument but rather a way for enthusiasts and learners to visualize and interact with fundamental physics principles.

# Try It Out

You can explore Particle.js and interact with the simulations directly in your web browser here: https://andrenepomuceno.github.io/particle.js/

For more details and to dive into the source code, visit the GitHub repository: https://github.com/andrenepomuceno/particle.js

# Project Goals

The primary objective of Particle.js is to provide a hands-on experience in particle physics, where users can learn and have fun exploring the interactions governed by Newton's Law of gravity, Coulomb's Law of electromagnetism, and various forms of nuclear force. The simulation serves as a simplified model, much like Conway's Game of Life, where complex behaviors emerge from simple rules.

# Software Features

Particle.js leverages modern web technologies to deliver a high-performance simulation experience:

* GPU Acceleration: By utilizing GPU computations through WebGL, Particle.js can handle complex calculations efficiently, rendering thousands of particles in real-time.
* WebGL Rendering: The use of WebGL ensures smooth and interactive visualizations, making the simulation accessible directly from your web browser.

# User Feedback

Since its release, Particle.js has garnered positive feedback from the community:

* Users have praised its educational value, particularly for teaching physics concepts.
* The visual appeal and intriguing nature of the simulations have been highlighted, with many enjoying the emergent behaviors observed during long runs.
* Technical suggestions from users have been invaluable, with recommendations to improve the simulation's accuracy and performance.

I am continuously looking for feedback and ideas to improve this project, so feel free to share your thoughts and suggestions. Let's learn and explore the fascinating world of particle physics together!

Thank you for your interest, and I look forward to your comments!