Particular Hey! :o - 65 Characters

In summary, the conversation was about a non-homogeneous differential equation in the ring of exponential sums and determining the particular solution when $b_i$ is a root of the characteristic equation of the homogeneous equation. The particular solution was found to be $$y(x)=e^{b_i x} (A_0+A_1x+ \dots +A_{M}x^{M})$$ and not $$y(x)=Cx^Me^{b_i x}$$, which is only valid for constant coefficient $L$.
mathmari
Gold Member
MHB
Hey! :eek:

Suppose we have a non-homogeneous differential equation $Ly=f$ in the ring of exponential sums $\mathbb{C}[e^{\lambda x} \mid \lambda \in \mathbb{C}]$, then $f=\alpha_ie^{b_i x}$, right?

When $b_i$ is a root of the characteristic equation of the homogeneous equation of multiplicity $M$, then how is the particular solution?

Is it $$y(x)=Cx^Me^{b_i x}$$ or $$y(x)=e^{b_i x} (A_0+A_1x+ \dots +A_{M}x^{M})$$ ? (Wondering)

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
The particular solution in this case is the second one: $$y(x)=e^{b_i x} (A_0+A_1x+ \dots +A_{M}x^{M})$$. The first solution is only valid when $L$ has a constant coefficient.

Related to Particular Hey! :o - 65 Characters

What is "Particular Hey! :o - 65 Characters"?

"Particular Hey! :o - 65 Characters" is a phrase that is commonly used in social media and online messaging. It typically indicates surprise or excitement and may be accompanied by a smiling or surprised emoji.

Why is the phrase "Particular Hey! :o - 65 Characters" 65 characters long?

The phrase "Particular Hey! :o" is only 15 characters long, but the addition of the emoji ":o" brings the total character count to 65. This is likely due to the character limit on certain social media platforms, where users want to convey a short and concise message while also adding an emoji for emphasis.

What does the emoji ":o" mean in "Particular Hey! :o - 65 Characters"?

The emoji ":o" typically represents a surprised or shocked facial expression. In the phrase "Particular Hey! :o - 65 Characters," it adds emphasis to the surprise or excitement being conveyed.

Where did the phrase "Particular Hey! :o - 65 Characters" originate?

The origin of the phrase "Particular Hey! :o - 65 Characters" is unclear, but it is believed to have emerged in online messaging and social media platforms. It may have been popularized by its frequent use in online communication and its ability to convey a specific tone or emotion.

Is there a specific way to use the phrase "Particular Hey! :o - 65 Characters"?

There is no specific way to use the phrase "Particular Hey! :o - 65 Characters." It is often used as a standalone expression or as part of a larger sentence to convey surprise or excitement. However, it is important to consider the intended audience and context before using this phrase in communication.