Perimeter Institute Streaming Seminars

• Thread starter Terry Giblin
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Perimeter
In summary, to watch streaming seminars on the Perimeter Institute's website using an Apple Mac, it is recommended to use a different media player such as QuickTime or VLC. If problems persist, contacting technical support at support@perimeterinstitute.ca is advised for further assistance.
Terry Giblin
I do not know who to contact at the Perimeter Institute in Waterloo, so I though I would ask the question here.

How can someone with a Apple Mac, like me watch the streaming seminars?

Everytime I try watching any of the video's with window's media player, I get an error message saying that "The playlist format is not recognized"

Apparently it is a known problem, something to do with the source of the files?

Its only with files from the Premier Inst., which _I am currently having problems with, but like I said I do not know who to contact.

Regards

Terry Giblin

Physics news on Phys.org

Dear Terry Giblin,

Thank you for reaching out to us about your issue with streaming seminars on the Perimeter Institute's website. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

To watch the streaming seminars on your Apple Mac, we recommend using a different media player such as QuickTime or VLC. These players are compatible with both Mac and Windows operating systems and should allow you to watch the seminars without any issues.

If you continue to experience problems, we suggest contacting our technical support team at support@perimeterinstitute.ca. They will be able to assist you with troubleshooting and finding a solution to your issue.

Thank you for your interest in our seminars and we hope you are able to watch them without any further difficulties.

Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics

Hello Terry,

Thank you for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble accessing the streaming seminars from the Perimeter Institute. I would suggest reaching out to their technical support team for assistance with this issue. You can contact them through their website or by emailing them at techsupport@perimeterinstitute.ca.

In the meantime, you may also want to try using a different media player, such as VLC or Quicktime, to see if that resolves the issue. Additionally, you can try accessing the seminars through a different browser or device to see if that makes a difference.

I hope this helps and that you're able to successfully watch the seminars soon.

Related to Perimeter Institute Streaming Seminars

1. What is Perimeter Institute Streaming Seminars?

Perimeter Institute Streaming Seminars are live online talks given by leading scientists and researchers in various fields of physics and cosmology. The seminars are broadcasted in real-time and are open to the public for viewing.

2. How often are the seminars held?

The seminars are typically held once a week on Wednesdays at 1:30 PM (ET). However, the schedule may vary depending on the availability of speakers and special events.

3. How can I watch the seminars?

The seminars can be watched live on the Perimeter Institute YouTube channel or on the Perimeter Institute website. They are also recorded and available for viewing on demand after the live broadcast.

4. Are the seminars free to attend?

Yes, the seminars are completely free to attend. There is no registration or fee required to watch the live broadcast or access the recorded videos.

5. Can I ask questions during the seminar?

Yes, there is a live chat feature available during the seminars where viewers can ask questions and interact with the speaker. However, not all questions may be answered due to time constraints.