Persistent problem with latex preview

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter LCKurtz
  • Start date
In summary, users are experiencing problems with LaTeX rendering, where the preview shows the previous tex instead of the current one. This has been happening for about a week and affects both IE and Firefox. The suggested workaround is to refresh the page, but it is still a nuisance. Users are hoping for a solution and are reaching out to Chroot for help.
LCKurtz
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Gold Member
I can't speak for others, but I am still having problems with Latex rendering. Whenever I preview a post, the tex that renders is always from the last thing that I had posted previously. I have to refresh the page for it to render the current tex. This is true for both IE and Firefox. While the workaround does work, it is a real nuisance. This has been happening for about a week now. Please tell me someone is working on this..:cry:

Physics news on Phys.org
LCKurtz said:
I can't speak for others, but I am still having problems with Latex rendering. Whenever I preview a post, the tex that renders is always from the last thing that I had posted previously. I have to refresh the page for it to render the current tex. This is true for both IE and Firefox. While the workaround does work, it is a real nuisance. This has been happening for about a week now. Please tell me someone is working on this..:cry:
Same here. I am using an imac wtih Safari.

Greg Bernhardt said:
Send a PM to Chroot, he is our LaTeX god :)

I did that (at least I think I did) but no response from him. Perhaps you could rattle his cage in case I fouled up the PM somehow. The problem persists.

As a fellow scientist, I understand the frustration of encountering persistent technical issues. It seems that there may be a glitch in the system causing the latex preview to not update properly. While I cannot speak for the team working on this platform, I can assure you that they are likely aware of the issue and are working to resolve it. In the meantime, I would suggest reaching out to the support team for further assistance. They may be able to provide a more specific timeline for when this issue will be resolved. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and I hope it will be resolved soon.

Related to Persistent problem with latex preview

1. What is the cause of persistent problems with latex preview?

The most common cause of persistent problems with latex preview is incorrect syntax in the latex code. This could include missing brackets or commands, or using unsupported packages.

2. How can I troubleshoot latex preview issues?

To troubleshoot latex preview issues, you can start by checking your latex code for any syntax errors. You can also try compiling the code in a different latex editor or clearing the cache of your current editor.

3. Why does my latex preview look different from the final document?

This could be due to differences in settings or packages used in the latex preview and the final document. It could also be caused by outdated software versions or compatibility issues.

4. Can outdated latex packages cause persistent problems with latex preview?

Yes, outdated latex packages can cause persistent problems with latex preview. It is important to regularly update your latex packages to ensure compatibility and avoid any potential issues.

5. Is there a way to speed up the latex preview process?

Yes, you can speed up the latex preview process by using a faster computer or optimizing the settings of your latex editor. You can also try using simpler code and avoiding unnecessary packages to reduce processing time.