Personal website math content help.

• MHB
  • Thread starter caffeinemachine
  • Start date
In summary, the person would like to be able to have the content of their PDFs appear on their webpage, just as it does on forums and wordpress. They need to use iframe to do this, and they should be patient as it may take a few more days to complete the process.
caffeinemachine
Gold Member
MHB
Hello MHB!

I want to create my personal website on google sites where I want to put some of my math stuff. One option is that I put links to the PDF's and if anybody wants to read it he/she will have to download it first. What I would prefer is the content appearing on the webpage itself.. just like we have in math forums or wordpress. It'd be great if I can simply copy paste the contents of my tex file and the output I get is a HTML page which has the same content the corresponding PDF to the tex file has.

How can I do this on google sites?

This may be a silly post but I am a total newbie at these things so please forgive me.

Physics news on Phys.org
caffeinemachine said:
This may be a silly post but I am a total newbie at these things so please forgive me.

A sincere question will never be treated as silly at MHB. This question, and the suggestions which may follow, will also help others to create their own math-related pages as well.

I bet someone here knows how to get you started. (Cool)

caffeinemachine said:
Hello MHB!

I want to create my personal website on google sites where I want to put some of my math stuff. One option is that I put links to the PDF's and if anybody wants to read it he/she will have to download it first. What I would prefer is the content appearing on the webpage itself.. just like we have in math forums or wordpress. It'd be great if I can simply copy paste the contents of my tex file and the output I get is a HTML page which has the same content the corresponding PDF to the tex file has.

How can I do this on google sites?

Hi caffeinemachine, :)

Click on the "Edit Page" tab. Then go to, Insert>More Gadgets. There's a gadget called iframe which you can use to embed a pdf(or any other supported file format) to the webpage. You can customize the iframe according to your needs and readers will be able to read the document within that iframe.

Sudharaka said:
Hi caffeinemachine, :)

Click on the "Edit Page" tab. Then go to, Insert>More Gadgets. There's a gadget called iframe which you can use to embed a pdf(or any other supported file format) to the webpage. You can customize the iframe according to your needs and readers will be able to read the document within that iframe.
Thanks a ton Sudharaka!

I just tested it and it seems to do the job.

Thank you so much.

caffeinemachine said:
Thanks a ton Sudharaka!

I just tested it and it seems to do the job.

Thank you so much.

You are welcome, there might be other options also, for example creating the iframe through HTML coding perhaps.

For the HTML coding related to creating an iframe you might find >>this<< useful. And to insert custom HTML to Google sites you might want to read >>this<<.

By the way, just out of curiosity, what particular mathematical topics would you be writing on your site? I am sure it would be quite a nice and useful resource. :)

Sudharaka said:
You are welcome, there might be other options also, for example creating the iframe through HTML coding perhaps.

For the HTML coding related to creating an iframe you might find >>this<< useful. And to insert custom HTML to Google sites you might want to read >>this<<.

By the way, just out of curiosity, what particular mathematical topics would you be writing on your site? I am sure it would be quite a nice and useful resource. :)

Thank you Sudharaka.

I'd be uploading my Notes and a few other things which I should disclose only after I am done with the process :). It will take about 10 more days. May be more.

Related to Personal website math content help.

1. How can I use a personal website to improve my math skills?

A personal website can be a great tool for improving your math skills. You can use it to post notes, practice problems, and helpful resources that you can refer back to anytime you need. Additionally, you can use interactive tools like quizzes and games to make learning math more fun and engaging.

2. Can I find personalized math help on a personal website?

Yes, many personal websites offer personalized math help through forums, chat rooms, or even one-on-one tutoring sessions. These resources can be especially helpful for students who are struggling with specific concepts or need additional support outside of the classroom.

3. Is it safe to use a personal website for math content?

It's important to be cautious when using any online resource, including personal websites. Make sure to only use trusted and reputable websites, and never share personal information without permission. It's also a good idea to check the credibility of the source and verify the accuracy of the math content before relying on it for your studies.

4. Can I contribute to a personal website's math content?

Many personal websites welcome contributions from others, such as notes, practice problems, and helpful resources. However, it's important to get permission from the website owner before making any contributions. You should also make sure your contributions are accurate and follow any guidelines set by the website.

5. Are there any costs associated with using a personal website for math help?

It depends on the website. Some personal websites may charge a fee for personalized help or access to certain resources, while others may offer all their content for free. It's important to carefully review the website's terms and conditions to understand any potential costs before using it for math help.