PF Mail Server Issue Resolved: Check Now for Registration Confirmation

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, the PF website experienced an issue with their mail server, causing a delay in sending out newsletters and thread notifications for the past two weeks. This issue was resolved and all emails were released this morning, resulting in a flood of emails being sent out. It was also discovered that registration confirmation emails were not being sent during this time, so those who registered within the past couple of weeks are advised to check for their confirmation email now. The PF team apologizes for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Alot of you may have noticed you haven't received any newsletters or thread notifications from PF in the past two weeks. Apparently our mail server was hung up and kept all the emails in queue without releasing them. This morning we fixed the problem and it released all the emails. So we apologize if you received a flood of emails from PF this morning. :smile:

Update: Also apparently this means registration confirmation emails were not being sent out. So for those of you who registered within the past couple weeks and haven't gotten your confirmation email, please check now.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Greg Bernhardt said:
... So we apologize if you received a flood of emails from PF this morning...

Yes indeed. You nearly made me a believer in Noah's flood. :-p

FAQ: PF Mail Server Issue Resolved: Check Now for Registration Confirmation

1. What was the issue with the PF Mail Server?

The PF Mail Server was experiencing technical difficulties which caused delays in registration confirmation emails being sent out to users.

2. Has the issue been resolved?

Yes, the issue with the PF Mail Server has been resolved and registration confirmation emails should now be sent out in a timely manner.

3. How can I check if my registration was successful?

You can check the email associated with your registration for a confirmation email. If you do not receive one, you may need to register again or contact customer support.

4. Will I need to re-register if I did not receive a confirmation email during the server issue?

If you did not receive a confirmation email during the server issue, it is possible that your registration was not successful. It is recommended to try registering again to ensure your registration is processed.

5. How can I prevent similar issues in the future?

To prevent similar issues in the future, make sure to regularly check for updates and maintenance schedules for the PF Mail Server. It is also recommended to have a backup email address registered in case of any technical difficulties.

Back