PF PHOTO CONTEST - Cry Me A River (1/27-2/2)

In summary, the winning photo will be selected based on a vote by the members. The poll will open on Monday and the photo with the most votes will be the winner.
This is the last day to submit a photo for this contest.

Zz.

Physics news on Phys.org
I thought I'd posted this before, but apparently not. It's obvious folks! The Willamette is the 3rd longest river in the world (following the Nile and Volga) in the class of all rivers whose name (i) begins with a letter in the second half of the alphabet, (ii) ends with a vowel, and (iii) has L as the third letter. :biggrin:

Gokul43201 said:
I thought I'd posted this before, but apparently not. It's obvious folks! The Willamette is the 3rd longest river in the world (following the Nile and Volga) in the class of all rivers whose name (i) begins with a letter in the second half of the alphabet, (ii) ends with a vowel, and (iii) has L as the third letter. :biggrin:

The St.Lawrence River doesn't count? Pronounced stlah rentx, right? (I'm never sure how to pronounce a period in a word)

Or maybe the Vilyuy (sometimes, at least).

Or, if neither of those qualify, then the Volta.

Then the Yellowstone.

Last edited:
Never heard of the Vilyuy...so it doesn't count. :biggrin: Saint Lawrence is out for obvious reasons. Volta is no longer the name of the river - it's been changed to Lower Burkina Faso. And as for Yellowstone... hmmm... can't think of a damn thing... guess I lose! :frown:

Gokul43201 said:
Volta is no longer the name of the river - it's been changed to Lower Burkina Faso.

:rolleyes: Yeah, that's a much better name. Easy to remember and say and fit in tiny print on a map.