PF PHOTO CONTEST - I Kid You Not (5/24-5/30)

In summary: Nazi? I think not.In summary, the photo contest theme this week will be on kids. Members are allowed to post one digital photo per week related to the theme. The photo must be no larger than 650x490 or 490x650 pixels, and must be resized to fit within these dimensions. Members are also allowed to crop the photo, but any other form of editing or modification is not allowed. Members are allowed to add a watermark or name/nickname to the photo for identification purposes. Voting will take place at the end of the contest period, and the photo with the most votes will be the winner.
Andre said:
Binzing, the only thing you need to do is relax, then quote my former post. delete everything in front of "http" and behind "JPG". Then put [ img ] [ /img ] tags around it (without spaces) and it should work

Thing is, while it was VERY nice of you to do this, I would rather have a resize rather than a crop... I'm off to try edward's plan...(danke chein edward)

Physics news on Phys.org
turbo-1 said:
I've got dozens of pictures of my best friend's granddaughter's latest visit to my house, and I have used one in the "Joy" competition, but I don't think that I have used this one. Sophia is such a cutie! When I asked her how old she was, she held out all fingers of one hand, but clued me in that she was much smarter, saying "I read big-people books - without pictures." She insisted that her father bring her out here so she could visit with my "famous" chipmunks that her grandfather had told her about. She lives in Ireland so we don't see her often, but she is a real cutie!

I'm afraid I have to disqualify you with this one. You have used this picture before in the "Sight For Sore Eyes" competition.

https://www.physicsforums.com/showpost.php?p=1703379&postcount=115

Zz.

binzing said:
Here's the best I could figure from Edward's instructions (thanks man)
http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/2672/picture035ki4.jpg

Not sure what was done here, but this picture is still 800x600. I've even cleared by cache in case it is displaying an old link, but no dice. It too is disqualified from this contest.

Please note that free sharewares like Picassa allow you to resize your pictures before you upload it to the various photo servers.

Zz.

Last edited by a moderator:
ZapperZ said:
Not sure what was done here, but this picture is still 800x600. I've even cleared by cache in case it is displaying an old link, but no dice. It too is disqualified from this contest.

Please note that free sharewares like Picassa allow you to resize your pictures before you upload it to the various photo servers.

Zz.

binzing & ZapperZ: OOPS sorry, I may have caused a problem here. Image Shack photos, must be sized for forums before uploading to their service. There is a box to check to set the differen't sizes.

resize image? 100x75 (avatar) 150x112 (thumbnail) 320x240 (for websites and email) 640x480 (for message boards) 800x600 (15-inch monitor) 1024x768 (17-inch monitor) 1280x1024 (19-inch monitor) 1600x1200 (21-inch monitor) optimize without resizing

Above are the selections. I think people may tend to click the size of their monitor.

Last edited: