PF PHOTO CONTEST - Well-Beaten Path (10/11-10/17)

In summary: It can be a sidewalk, a hiking trail, a road, or anything else that has been walked on multiple times.
turbo-1 said:
If you look back at the end of the path, you'll see a dark chamber in the weeds. It's like she cleared out a little bower from which to do her surveillance. The grasses she cleared out are probably her bedding in her home under the rock pile.

I bet going in there to take a picture would scare the daylights out of the chipmunks.

Definitely, a must not do.

Physics news on Phys.org
You have less than 2 days left to submit a photo for this contest.

Zz.

Andre said:
path.JPG

Walking to the winter

That's gorgeous, Andre.

GeorginaS said:
That's gorgeous, Andre.

I second that...it looks so quiet, like if you walked the path, the only thing you'd hear is your own footprints. It reminds me why I love winter.

lisab said:
I second that...it looks so quiet, like if you walked the path, the only thing you'd hear is your own footprints. It reminds me why I love winter.

Thanks Lisa and Georgina.

It was a very rare opportunity to take that shot. It was last year in December in Zoetermeer in a park, we had freezing fog for about three days and then the next morning, a beautiful sunny day allowing to shoot a dozens of this kind of pictures. It lasted about one hour, then the frost started to melt and disappear. Posted pictures from that series earlier

Last edited:
GeorginaS said:
That's gorgeous, Andre.
lisab said:
I second that...

Thirded. It is beautiful with such crispness to it.