Photoshop - can't use textures

• Thread starter kasse
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Photoshop
In summary, a user is having trouble with a tutorial in Photoshop CS2 where they cannot select "textures" in the filter menu. Another user expresses frustration with the over-perfect color in online photojournalism and wants to learn to use equipment properly instead of relying on Photoshop. Another user shares that the issue with texture filters may be due to the file being in CMYK color mode and suggests switching to RGB mode. They also mention that some options are not available in CMYK mode, such as making "giant eyes for lolcat" or adding a jetliner to a Twin Towers picture.
kasse
'm working in CS2, following this tutorial http://prowebb.com/mos/view/Tutorials/Photoshop_Tutorials/Photoshop_tutorial_parchment_paper But in step 2 it's not possible to select "textures" in the filter menu.

What can be wronG?

Last edited by a moderator:
Computer science news on Phys.org
Hey people, photojournalism and didn't see any work that came off like so many images I've looked at online. Basically, the color is just too perfect (almost to a level that seems animated) when compared to legitimate professional photographers. I personally would like to learn to use equipment the right way and not rely on Photoshop to make my images presentable. Am I just late and wanting to join a dying breed?

Hi.
Even though this question is 3 years old. It hasn't yet been answered and other people may google this search term just like I did.

I couldn't use texture filters in Photoshop either until I switched the file from CMYK color mode to RGB color mode.

Image===>Mode===>RGB Color.

Hope that helps someone.
:smile:

A portion of Photoshop's options aren't available in CMYK mode.

hansonian said:
A portion of Photoshop's options aren't available in CMYK mode.

Yes. Notably absent are:

'Make giant eyes for lolcat'
and
'Add jetliner to Twin Towers pic'

Related to Photoshop - can't use textures

1. Why am I unable to use textures in Photoshop?

There could be several reasons why you are unable to use textures in Photoshop. The most common reason is that your graphics card may not meet the minimum requirements for running Photoshop. Another reason could be that the texture file you are trying to use is corrupt or not compatible with Photoshop.

2. How can I fix the issue of not being able to use textures in Photoshop?

To fix this issue, you can try updating your graphics card drivers and making sure that your computer meets the minimum requirements for running Photoshop. Additionally, try using a different texture file or downloading the latest version of Photoshop to ensure compatibility.

3. Can I use textures from other programs in Photoshop?

Yes, you can use textures from other programs in Photoshop. However, you may need to save the texture file in a format that is compatible with Photoshop, such as JPG or PNG. You may also need to adjust the texture's resolution and size to fit your project in Photoshop.

4. Why are my textures not showing up in the final image in Photoshop?

If your textures are not showing up in the final image in Photoshop, it could be because the layers containing the textures are hidden or have a low opacity. Make sure to check the visibility and opacity of the texture layers to ensure they are visible in the final image.

5. How can I make my textures look more realistic in Photoshop?

To make your textures look more realistic in Photoshop, you can try adjusting the blending modes and opacity of the texture layer. You can also use various tools such as the brush tool and layer masks to blend the texture seamlessly with the rest of the image. Additionally, adding lighting and shading effects can also make the texture look more realistic.