Physics 12: Acceleration and Distance Problem Solution

In summary, the problem involves a car accelerating from rest to a velocity of 80km/h in 6 seconds. The equations used to solve for the acceleration and distance traveled are a = dv/dt and s=(a/2)*t^2, respectively. To convert from km/h to m/s, simply divide by 3.6. It seems that the online course does not provide any helpful formulas or resources.
Shakers

Homework Statement

a car accelerates in a straight line from rest ot a velocity of 80km/h in a time of 6s

Homework Equations

what is the acceleration of the car?
how far did the car travel in this time?

The Attempt at a Solution

Now I am trying to convert 80km/h to m/s, so that equals 22.22m/s. I am doing this as an online course and I can't find a formula? Can someone help me please?

Physics news on Phys.org
1km/hour = 1000m/3600secs = 1/3.6m / s. This means, that to get m/s from km/hour, you just need to divide it by 3.6.
Acceleration a = dv / dt, both of which you know.
And as for how far did the car travel, s=(a/2)*t^2, since it's from resting. Those are the formulas you need.

Shakers said:

The Attempt at a Solution

Now I am trying to convert 80km/h to m/s, so that equals 22.22m/s. I am doing this as an online course and I can't find a formula? Can someone help me please?
The course does not provide any reference or study material containing formulas? Sounds like you are wasting your money, if you are paying.

Related to Physics 12: Acceleration and Distance Problem Solution

1. What topics are covered in Physics 12?

Physics 12 typically covers topics such as electricity and magnetism, light and optics, waves and sound, and modern physics.

2. What are some helpful resources for studying Physics 12?

Some helpful resources for studying Physics 12 include textbooks, online tutorials and videos, practice problems and exams, and seeking help from teachers or tutors.

3. How can I improve my understanding of complex concepts in Physics 12?

To improve understanding of complex concepts in Physics 12, it is important to actively engage with the material, ask questions, and practice problem-solving regularly.

4. What are some common mistakes to avoid in Physics 12?

Common mistakes to avoid in Physics 12 include not fully understanding the underlying principles, not showing all steps in problem-solving, and not checking for units and significant figures in calculations.

5. How can I prepare for exams in Physics 12?

To prepare for exams in Physics 12, it is important to review notes and class materials regularly, practice solving problems, and seek help from teachers or tutors if needed. It is also helpful to create study guides and participate in group study sessions.

Back