Physics/Science Quotes: Ideas for High School Yearbook

• Thread starter rakbarut
  • Start date
In summary, a person is asking for suggestions for science or physics quotes to use in their high school yearbook. They mention considering a quote from Galileo, "Eppur Si Mouve", and would like suggestions for lesser-known or cool historical quotes from the thread provided.
rakbarut
Hey everyone, I was just wondering what are some of your favorite science or physics quotes? I'm asking because I need to submit a quote to the yearbook at my high school that will be placed under my name (i am sure you guys know the process) and I am going to use a science related quote...The quote I am thinking about using is "Eppur Si Mouve" (Galileo). I have looked at all the science quote websites online, so I prefer if it is a less-known quote or a cool, historical quote like the Galileo one that no one really knows about. Love to here from you guys!

Physics news on Phys.org

I appreciate your interest in incorporating a science or physics quote into your yearbook. Science and physics are fields that are full of inspiring and thought-provoking ideas, so it can be challenging to choose just one quote to represent your passion for these subjects.

The quote you have chosen, "Eppur Si Mouve" by Galileo, is a great choice. It translates to "And yet it moves," and is often attributed to Galileo's defiant response to the Catholic Church's condemnation of his heliocentric theory. This quote not only captures the essence of scientific progress and discovery, but also speaks to the perseverance and determination of scientists in the face of opposition.

If you are looking for other lesser-known quotes, here are a few suggestions:

1. "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it." - Neil deGrasse Tyson

2. "The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov

3. "Science is not only a disciple of reason but, also, one of romance and passion." - Stephen Hawking

4. "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." - Neil deGrasse Tyson

5. "Science is a way of thinking much more than it is a body of knowledge." - Carl Sagan

I hope these quotes inspire you to find the perfect one to represent your love for science and physics in your yearbook. Best of luck!

Related to Physics/Science Quotes: Ideas for High School Yearbook

1. What is the purpose of including science quotes in a high school yearbook?

Including science quotes in a high school yearbook can serve as a source of inspiration and motivation for students interested in pursuing a career in science. It can also help to highlight the importance of science and its impact on our daily lives.

2. How can science quotes be incorporated into a yearbook layout?

Science quotes can be incorporated into a yearbook layout by using them as section headings or as captions for photos related to science clubs and activities. They can also be included as a stand-alone page or spread featuring different quotes and their meanings.

3. Where can I find suitable science quotes for a high school yearbook?

There are many online resources that provide collections of science quotes, such as Goodreads, BrainyQuote, and Quotes.net. You can also ask science teachers or students for suggestions or search for quotes from famous scientists or science-related books and movies.

4. Can science quotes be used for all areas of science?

Yes, science quotes can be used for all areas of science, from biology and chemistry to physics and astronomy. There are many quotes that can apply to different fields of science, and you can choose the ones that align with the theme or message you want to convey.

5. Are there any guidelines to follow when choosing science quotes for a yearbook?

When choosing science quotes for a yearbook, it is important to make sure they are appropriate and align with the values and goals of the school. You should also consider the target audience and choose quotes that are relatable and meaningful to high school students. Additionally, make sure to properly credit the source of the quote.