Physics Theory Help: Submitting and Solving Complex Ideas

In summary, as a junior physics student, the individual has come up with an idea for a theory that works in concept but requires a higher level of math. They are seeking advice on where to submit the concept or get help with the math. Suggestions include discussing the idea with others on forums and keeping a personal notepad for future reference.
Jseraph
Hello, I am a junior physics student, I've come up with an idea that for a theory in concept it works but the math is considerably beyond my current level. Is there anywhere i could go to submit the concept or to get help with the math?

Physics news on Phys.org
Jseraph said:
Hello, I am a junior physics student, I've come up with an idea that for a theory in concept it works but the math is considerably beyond my current level. Is there anywhere i could go to submit the concept or to get help with the math?

How do you have a workable physical theory without a mathematical understanding of it? It sounds like you have an idea, but nobody can address it if you don't say what it is.

Jseraph said:

First, welcome to the forum!

Second, what nismaratwork said: You would have to tell us the concept of your theory.

You can get help with the math here, there isn't really anywhere to sumbit the concept. More than likely at least 10 other people have thought about it, you have to keep in note that it must be in perfect harmony (non-contraditory) to the fundamentals of physics.

Incoming PPM (or similar).

I can assure you that without the mathematical understanding, chances are there are flaws / mistakes in what you think you have.

You could always submit it here and see what people make of it. Could be a good eye opener.

Jseraph said:

I already thought of it. And it doesn't work unless you arbitrarily swap signs.

Kidding. Welcome. Let's hear the idea.

Jseraph said:
Hello, I am a junior physics student,...Is there anywhere ...to get help with the math?

Your own self in year 2016. Problem is, by then you could have forgotten the idea or the details. In fact, you must forget it or become mad/obsessed along the way.

So the answer to
Is there anywhere i could go to submit the concept
is the traditional one: your "waste book" .

Since Newton times, everyone keeps a collection of these. Of course, you can also discuss it here and google for "Jseraph" five years later, but this discussion should be only a "backup" for your real written notepad.

Last edited:

Related to Physics Theory Help: Submitting and Solving Complex Ideas

1. What is the process for submitting a complex physics theory for review?

The first step in submitting a complex physics theory for review is to thoroughly research and develop your idea. This includes conducting experiments, analyzing data, and reviewing existing literature. Once your theory is fully developed, you can submit it to a reputable journal or conference for review by experts in the field.

2. How long does it typically take for a complex physics theory to be reviewed and accepted?

The review process for a complex physics theory can vary greatly, but it typically takes several months to a year. This is because the theory will go through multiple rounds of review by experts, and revisions may be required before it is accepted for publication.

3. Are there any specific guidelines for formatting and presenting a complex physics theory?

Yes, most journals and conferences have specific guidelines for formatting and presenting complex physics theories. It is important to carefully review and follow these guidelines to ensure your theory is presented in a professional and organized manner.

4. Can I submit a complex physics theory that has already been published in another journal or conference?

No, it is not acceptable to submit a theory that has already been published elsewhere. This is considered self-plagiarism and can result in rejection of your submission. However, if you have made significant updates or improvements to your theory, you may be able to submit it as a new and improved version.

5. What should I do if my complex physics theory is rejected?

If your theory is rejected, it is important to carefully review the feedback provided by the reviewers and make any necessary revisions. You can then resubmit your theory to another journal or conference for review. It is also helpful to seek feedback from colleagues and experts in the field to improve your theory before resubmitting.