Pictures of people with these 'genes'?

In summary: It seems like you're just trying to stir up controversy rather than actually being curious about the topic. In summary, the conversation raises questions about the physical appearance of individuals who are 1/2 white, 1/4 black, and 1/4 Asian. There is a wide range of physical characteristics among each racial group, making it difficult to determine how they may manifest in a person with such mixed heritage. The conversation also touches on issues of race, discrimination, and assimilation, as well as the potential for cheating and paternity disputes. Finally, there is a discussion about the diversity within the Indian population and the potential for controversy when categorizing people by race.
tgt
I am curious as to how people who are 1/2 white, 1/4 black and 1/4 Asian look like.

A typical scenario is where one parent is white/asian and the other is white/black.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
tgt said:
I am curious as to how people who are 1/2 white, 1/4 black and 1/4 Asian look like.
Uhm, they don't look alike.

There is a rather broad spectrum of physical characteristics among each of these racial groups. It would be difficult to determine which characteristics are likely to be passed on. I know a girl who is a quarter black and looks hispanic while her brother by the same parents appears a light skinned black man. So even pooling genes from the same two individual sources can have unpredictable outcomes.

You know girls are lucky.

If I get my baby DNA tested and it turns out I'm not the father, (let's say she really cheated) she can blame the hospital for mixing it up. Gets away with cheating now!

Note: Cheating as in saying I'm the father and I'm not.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090103/ap_on_re_eu/eu_britain_twins

LONDON – A mixed-race British couple has defied the odds — twice — by producing two sets of twins in which one sibling appears to be black and the other white.

fyi, keanu reeves is half white, a quarter chinese and a quarter Hawaiian.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not far from where I live there used to be a large community of people who were 1/2 white, 1/4 black and 1/4 Asian. However, early in the 20th century they were gradually replaced by a population of 1/2 Asian, 1/4 white, 1/8 American Indian, and 1/8 black. During the transition, racial tensions not only tore apart the community, but even individual people were at odds with themselves over issues related to discrimination and assimilation. I went over there to see what the people look like now. I bumped into an elderly fellow that looked to me to be .43 Scandinavian, .36 Bantu, and .21 Innuit. He told me that his father had lived through those terrible days and related to him that in spite of their backgrounds, the original population looked 1/2 black, 1/4 white, and 1/4 Asian. I hope this helps.

tgt said:
:confused: where do you live?

Is it true that the skin-color of the mother is dominant over the skin-color of the father? It's something I've been told, but I'm not sure whether it is true (although it is possible).

jimmysnyder said:
Not far from where I live there used to be a large community of people who were 1/2 white, 1/4 black and 1/4 Asian. However, early in the 20th century they were gradually replaced by a population of 1/2 Asian, 1/4 white, 1/8 American Indian, and 1/8 black. During the transition, racial tensions not only tore apart the community, but even individual people were at odds with themselves over issues related to discrimination and assimilation. I went over there to see what the people look like now. I bumped into an elderly fellow that looked to me to be .43 Scandinavian, .36 Bantu, and .21 Innuit. He told me that his father had lived through those terrible days and related to him that in spite of their backgrounds, the original population looked 1/2 black, 1/4 white, and 1/4 Asian. I hope this helps.

Unfortunately, that doesn't help at all because no pictures were given.

Can you still remember the faces of the people who were 1/2 white, 1/4 black and 1/4 Asian.

JasonRox said:
You know girls are lucky.

If I get my baby DNA tested and it turns out I'm not the father, (let's say she really cheated) she can blame the hospital for mixing it up. Gets away with cheating now!

Note: Cheating as in saying I'm the father and I'm not.

sounds like too much pick up, not enough artist.

tgt said:

A typical scenario is where one parent is white/asian and the other is white/black.

what about sam woods? (tiger's daughter)

what's your definition of "black"? i think most "african americans" are actually mixed race to begin with.

tgt said:
Unfortunately, that doesn't help at all because no pictures were given.

Can you still remember the faces of the people who were 1/2 white, 1/4 black and 1/4 Asian.

You were supposed to say "Pull the other one, Jimmy!"

tgt said:

I'm curious about why you are so curious about it!

Math Is Hard said:
I'm curious about why you are so curious about it!

One reason is that I've got a little hunch that they would look like a (whiter then usual) person from India. However, it wouldn't be very exact.

How did the Indian population come about?

Last edited by a moderator:
This is ridiculous.

FAQ: Pictures of people with these 'genes'?

What are "genes" and why are they important to pictures of people?

Genes are segments of DNA that contain instructions for the development and function of living organisms. They are important to pictures of people because they determine physical traits, such as eye color, hair color, and height.

How do genes affect the way people look in pictures?

Genes play a significant role in the physical appearance of individuals, including facial features, body shape, and skin color. This is because genes control the production of proteins that make up the structures and characteristics of the human body.

Can genes be seen in pictures of people?

No, genes cannot be seen in pictures of people. Genes are microscopic and cannot be visualized with the naked eye. However, the effects of genes can be seen in pictures, such as similarities in physical traits among family members.

Can pictures of people accurately predict their genetic makeup?

No, pictures of people cannot accurately predict their genetic makeup. While physical traits are largely determined by genetics, they can also be influenced by environmental factors and random mutations. A person's complete genetic makeup can only be determined through genetic testing.

How do pictures of people with similar genes compare to each other?

Pictures of people with similar genes may have some physical similarities, but they can still vary greatly in appearance. This is because genes can interact with each other and with the environment in complex ways, resulting in a wide range of physical traits among individuals with the same genes.

Back