Pictures you won't see in the news

• News
  • Thread starter The_Professional
  • Start date
  • Tags
    News Pictures
In summary: I am just saying you can't make up assumptions about the entire... population because of the actions of a few.
Physics news on Phys.org
Those IDIOTS praying is ****ING hillarious ! :smile: Morons !.And one of them is holding bible, but soon he going to be holding machine gun and start shoting at people. AMERICA IS SOOooooooooo BRAINWASHED !

spender said:
Those IDIOTS praying is ****ING hillarious ! :smile: Morons !.And one of them is holding bible, but soon he going to be holding machine gun and start shoting at people. AMERICA IS SOOooooooooo BRAINWASHED !

Chill out. Let's not derail the thread.

spender said:

You didn't know that each side believes God is on their side? War is an ugly thing, and there are no photos that will change my mind about that.

this is so stupid though. who would think that a soldier petting a kitten would be such a bad thing? there's a word for people who point out only the good stuff that nobody would disagree with. it's DENIAL. the soldiers who say it's fun to kill innocent civilians are what most people don't like, correct?

Yeah, I do not see why the 4th picture would not be used. The iraqi (or whoever) people seem to be happy.

What news channel doesn't show happy specials about things like soldiers praying and talking about their family? I see those all the time - what news channels do you watch, Al Jazeera?

wasteofo2 said:
What news channel doesn't show happy specials about things like soldiers praying and talking about their family? I see those all the time - what news channels do you watch, Al Jazeera?

Fox news...

A bit too picturesque & one sided for my taste. Can appreciate the appeal though.

The_Professional said:
Fox news...
I'm surprised. But then after the documentary "Outfoxed: Rupert Murdoch's War on Journalism" I purchased a "FoxBlocker" from http://www.foxblocker.com/?area=1

Does everyone know about the controversy over the 5th picture? You know the story about the ***** that took it and edited it to make it very... pro-iraq, you know white background, happy faces, a very 'holy' look to it. Something about a civil law case for copyright fraud, since she didn't have the photographers permission and she compeltely manipulated it, ignoring the story about it. (the story being that those soldiers had killed that girl earlier)

The_Professional said:
Fox news...
You watch Fox news, and you haven't seen soldiers depicted in a positive light? Jesus man, all the criticism ABOUT the positive side of the war not being depicted by the "mainstream liberal media" stems from Fox News and their ilk. I can't watch Fox News for more than 20 minutes without being reminded how great things are in Iraq and how important prayer is.

I dunno, maybe you should try watching CNN and MSNBC and network news, they run specials showing the troops in a positive light all the time...

Smurf said:
Does everyone know about the controversy over the 5th picture? You know the story about the ***** that took it and edited it to make it very... pro-iraq, you know white background, happy faces, a very 'holy' look to it. Something about a civil law case for copyright fraud, since she didn't have the photographers permission and she compeltely manipulated it, ignoring the story about it. (the story being that those soldiers had killed that girl earlier)

If this is true, and I am inclined to believe it is true because that would be par for the course, "Sometimes in our everyday lives we tend to forget what's going on..."

When you receive this, please stop for a moment and say a prayer for our troops (land, air, and sea) in Afghanistan, Kuwait, Iraq, and around the world.

Why not pray for the people of Afghanistan, Kuwait and Iraq instead?

:biggrin: Could those be stage photos of "Black Hawk Down II"?

SOS2008 said:
You didn't know that each side believes God is on their side?

Yeah, but Iraqis did not invade USA, so you see we are 100 x more hypocrites than they are.

spender said:
Yeah, but Iraqis did not invade USA, so you see we are 100 x more hypocrites than they are.

Yeah you europeans are.

Do I hear propaganda? Seriously, these things come from both sides, so can't be taken into consideration or generalized.. I mean I have seen pictures of so called "terrorists" (by US) holding smiling babies, does that make them good guys? I have seen these people huddle up before going and shooting down the occupiers, does that make them good guys? I am just saying you can't make up assumptions about the entire army based on a few pics and the same applies to the other side too...

klusener said:
Do I hear propaganda? Seriously, these things come from both sides, so can't be taken into consideration or generalized.. I mean I have seen pictures of so called "terrorists" (by US) holding smiling babies, does that make them good guys? I have seen these people huddle up before going and shooting down the occupiers, does that make them good guys? I am just saying you can't make up assumptions about the entire army based on a few pics and the same applies to the other side too...

This discussion reminds me of one I had a few days ago, where it was suggested that maybe George Bush Junior only looked unintelligent because that is the way the media presents him to be. I would like to officially challenge ANYBODY to edit Junior in such as way as he looks intelligent.

I searched the whole website for half an hour trying to answer your challenge number 42... but alas, I found nothing.

Is there intelligent life in the whitehouse?
No one knows.

I live in Utah. Very nice people have been back drafted and sent to Iraq, to do what they are ordered to do. It is merciful that the government has propagandized this so much within the military, to make it possible for these very nice people to heal from this awful duty, and to feel purpose and pride, and honor. What one soldier experiences may not be even remotely like what another experiences, and some of those things are emotionally mutilating to an extreme degree. I know that all sorts of people of every faith, and level of intellect are there in Iraq to fulfill the "mission", whatever that "mission" might actually be.

I think well of them, I pray for their safe return, I pray for peace in that region everyday. I pray that the Iraqis, Saudis, Iranis, Kuwaitis, and all of the oil poisoned nations of the middle east, can ultimately heal from the evil and false prosperity that this substance has brought them. I pray for the African states, that are sucked dry by parasitic servant governments, that cater to the oil industry.

I am horrified that the prosperity of this nation, the abundance of this nation, has resulted in the kind of greed that has sent so many of us to perish, and come to harm, in the middle east.

I have seen pictures that are favorable to our troops, and I have seen pictures that display the godawful damage, we have done to Iraq. I am so sorry that we are there at all. I am so sorry that we can't leave Iran alone. I am so sorry that we can't just all come home, and tend to being the American People.

You can bet that all this money we have been forced to spend in Iraq, could have "saved" Social Security, could have given us medical coverage, could have put our kids through school, could have fed the hungry.

Our government has been put to work to serve some large corporate interests, and our citizens have been required to die to this end. I pray for our people every day.

AMEN ! AMEN !

Pray as much as you want suckers,they know what is the best for Israel, I mean America !

we won't see this on our tv:

Attachments

• weblog200405168.jpg
    weblog200405168.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 410
  • weblog200405101.jpg
    weblog200405101.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 444
  • girl.jpg
    girl.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 383
spender said:
we won't see this on our tv:

Okay, now here is what you need to do. You need to put these into an email with the tag-line: "Support Our Troops" -- maybe get a yellow ribbon to go with it (very popular), but definitely ask each person to forward the email to ten other people they know, and each time a cross (like a crucifix) is added to the count. This is how the photos shown in this thread have been distributed throughout companies in my state. Just thought I'd let you in on that.

Related to Pictures you won't see in the news

What does "Pictures you won't see in the news" mean?

"Pictures you won't see in the news" refers to images that are not commonly shown in mainstream news outlets. These may include photos that are considered too graphic or controversial to be published, or ones that do not align with the narrative of a particular news story.

Why would some pictures not be shown in the news?

There are a variety of reasons why a picture may not be shown in the news. Some may be considered too graphic or disturbing for viewers, while others may not fit into the narrative or agenda of a particular news outlet. Additionally, there may be concerns about the safety or privacy of individuals depicted in the photos.

What types of pictures are typically not shown in the news?

Pictures that are not shown in the news can vary widely, but some common examples include images of violence, death, and destruction, as well as pictures that challenge societal norms or beliefs. These may also include photos of sensitive political or social issues.

Are there any ethical considerations when choosing which pictures to show in the news?

Yes, there are ethical considerations that must be taken into account when choosing which pictures to show in the news. News outlets must balance the public's right to know with the potential harm that may be caused by showing certain images. It is important to consider the impact on individuals and communities depicted in the photos, as well as the potential psychological effects on viewers.

How can I access pictures that are not shown in the news?

There are a variety of sources for pictures that are not shown in the news, such as independent news websites, social media, and photojournalism websites. However, it is important to critically evaluate the credibility and accuracy of these sources before sharing or using these images.