Plot the graphs of power dissipated in pure resistor

In summary, for a pure resistor, Vo is greater than Io and for a pure capacitor, Io is greater than Vo. When plotting graphs against time, plot the relevant variable for the circuit being studied.
thereddevils
I am trying to plot the graphs of power dissipated in pure resistor , pure capacitor and pure inductor against time .

My question is when i plot the voltage and current graph for pure resistor , i know they are in the same phase , but V0 is greater or Io is greater , i think Vo is greater since v=IR .

I have the same problems for pure capacitor . Here , I leads V by pi/2 and Io=Vo omega C

so Io is greater ?

I ask this because i do not know which one to put higher in my graphs (V or I)

Physics news on Phys.org
when i plot them against time . The answer to this question depends on the type of circuit you are looking at. For a pure resistor, Vo will be greater than Io since V = IR. For a pure capacitor, Io will be greater than Vo since Io = Vo omega C. When plotting graphs against time, you should plot whichever variable is relevant to the circuit you are studying.

Related to Plot the graphs of power dissipated in pure resistor

1. What is the formula for calculating power dissipated in a pure resistor?

The formula for power dissipated in a pure resistor is P = I2R, where P is power in watts, I is current in amperes, and R is resistance in ohms.

2. How do you plot the graph of power dissipated in a pure resistor?

To plot the graph of power dissipated in a pure resistor, you need to calculate the power dissipated at different values of current and resistance using the formula P = I2R. Then, plot the values of power on the y-axis and the corresponding values of current or resistance on the x-axis.

3. What does the shape of the graph of power dissipated in a pure resistor look like?

The graph of power dissipated in a pure resistor is a straight line. This is because as the current increases, the power dissipated also increases proportionally according to the formula P = I2R.

4. How does the resistance affect the power dissipated in a pure resistor?

The resistance directly affects the power dissipated in a pure resistor. As the resistance increases, the power dissipated also increases according to the formula P = I2R. This is because a higher resistance requires more energy to push the same amount of current through the resistor.

5. What is the significance of plotting the graph of power dissipated in a pure resistor?

Plotting the graph of power dissipated in a pure resistor allows us to visualize the relationship between power, current, and resistance. It also helps in understanding the behavior of a pure resistor in an electrical circuit and can be used to calculate the power dissipated at any given value of current or resistance.