Plotting a Sequence in MATLAB - A Quick Guide

• MATLAB
  • Thread starter Bassalisk
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Plot
In summary, MATLAB is a high-level programming language and interactive environment used for scientific computing and data analysis. Plotting in MATLAB involves creating visual representations of data using graphs, charts, or other visuals and is a useful tool for analyzing and interpreting data. To plot a sequence in MATLAB, the "plot" function can be used with customizable features. The "plot" function creates a line plot, while the "stem" function creates a stem plot with vertical lines, often used for discrete data. Plots can be saved in MATLAB using the "saveas" function in various file formats.
Bassalisk
Hello,

How can I plot a sequence in MATLAB. Like individual members of the sequence?

Something like this:

[PLAIN]http://demo.activemath.org/ActiveMath2/LeAM_calculusPics/DefLimSeq.png?lang=en

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
It's in the edit plot menu, one of the options is to not include the lines inbetween the points.

hunt_mat said:
It's in the edit plot menu, one of the options is to not include the lines inbetween the points.

thank you

FAQ: Plotting a Sequence in MATLAB - A Quick Guide

What is MATLAB?

MATLAB (matrix laboratory) is a high-level programming language and interactive environment used for scientific computing and data analysis.

What is plotting in MATLAB?

Plotting in MATLAB is the process of creating a visual representation of data using graphs, charts, or other visuals. It is a useful tool for analyzing and interpreting data.

How do I plot a sequence in MATLAB?

To plot a sequence in MATLAB, you can use the "plot" function and provide the sequence as input. You can also customize the plot by adding a title, labels, and other features.

What is the difference between "plot" and "stem" in MATLAB?

The "plot" function in MATLAB creates a line plot, while the "stem" function creates a stem plot with vertical lines. Stem plots are often used for discrete data, while line plots are used for continuous data.

Can I save my plot in MATLAB?

Yes, you can save your plot in MATLAB by using the "saveas" function. This allows you to save your plot as an image or in a specific file format, such as PDF or JPEG.