Plotting Multiple Functions on Maple Graphs

In summary, the conversation is about plotting multiple functions on the same graph using Maple with different intervals on the x-axis. The example provided shows how to do this by naming the plots and using the display function. The person responding thanks the expert and expresses that the method is working well.
kubekas
Hi there

I would like to plot a two/several functions using Maple on the same graph but with different intervals on the x exis. What I have at the moment is a Maple command for plotting two/several functions on the same graph with the same interval on the x exis.

Thanks
Amos

Physics news on Phys.org
Here's an example showing you how to do it:

with(plots):
f:=plot(4-x,x=2..4):
g:=plot(cos(x),x=-Pi/2..0):
display({f,g});

The trick is to name the plots. Be sure to put a colon on those steps because Maple stores the plot instructions in f and g and you don't want to see that.

O thanks a lot. Your methods is working very well!
GOD BLESS!
Amos

Related to Plotting Multiple Functions on Maple Graphs

What is Maple and how is it used for plotting multiple functions on graphs?

Maple is a mathematical software program used by scientists, engineers, and mathematicians for numerical and symbolic computations, data analysis, and visualization. It has a built-in graphing feature that allows users to plot multiple functions on the same graph.

How do I plot multiple functions on a Maple graph?

To plot multiple functions on a Maple graph, you can use the "plot" command followed by the list of functions you want to plot. For example, to plot the functions f(x) and g(x), you can use the command "plot({f(x), g(x)}, x = a..b)", where a and b are the desired values for the x-axis.

Can I customize the appearance of the plotted functions on a Maple graph?

Yes, you can customize the appearance of the plotted functions on a Maple graph by using the "color" and "style" options in the "plot" command. You can also add a legend, change the axis labels, and adjust the scale of the graph.

Is it possible to plot functions with multiple variables on a Maple graph?

Yes, it is possible to plot functions with multiple variables on a Maple graph. You can use the "plot3d" command to create a 3D graph of a function with two independent variables, or the "implicitplot" command to plot a function with three or more independent variables.

Can I save and export Maple graphs for use in other programs or documents?

Yes, you can save and export Maple graphs in various formats, such as JPEG, PNG, and PDF. This allows you to use the graphs in other programs or documents for presentations or reports.